Why can't my ex girlfriend just tell me how she feels??

I want to get back with my ex girlfriend of three years. We've been split up for about 6 months. She has a new boyfriend, but over the past few months we have been texting and talking on the phone. After talking to her on the phone the other night, I wrote her an email and told her I still had feelings for her. I asked her if she was truly happy and if she had feelings for me anymore. I told her if she doesn't see us getting back together and she is truly happy can she please tell me so I can have some closure and talk to other girls. She read the email, but when I asked her if she was going to respond she just said... maybe. She still answers my calls and texts when I initiate contact, but she hasn't responded to the email I sent her yet. When I ask her on the phone if she misses me, she just says, anyways and tries avoiding the topic. She left me because I treated her badly and talked to other girls behind her back, but I was confused. I truly know I want to be with her now and that I can make her happy and be a great boyfriend to her. I explained all this, but she still avoids her feelings for me when I bring it up. I mean if she's happy with her new boyfriend, doesn't miss,care, or love me anymore why can't she just tell me? I really just want closure because its hard for me to believe she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore because why would she still talk to me? Or if she just wants to be friends why can't she just tell me that? I need some advice on what to do in this situation. I mean should I just straight up ask her next time I talk to her? Yeah I want her back but I also just want to know if she's happy. If she is with her current boyfriend and doesn't see us getting back together, why can't she just tell me that? Any girls out there, what would you do if your ex's asked you these types of things? My friends tell me there still has to be something there. But I just don't want to have false hope and just want to know how she feels. Why can't she just tell me?

20

What Girls Said 2

• So many possibilities in what she's doing here.. not clear what she wants from you. What I would do is, meet up with her (or if it's not possible call her) and ask her what's going on. Is this just friendship? Does she like you? Why are you still talking to me if you don't like me? Get answers. She can't carry on avoiding the subject from now on. It's confusing and annoying. So my suggestion is get answers somehow, and let her know you've changed. Hope this helped.

• Yeah it definitely helped thank you! That's what I'm going to do next time I talk to her just straight up ask her, all I want to know is what's going on so. I mean I included all of this in the email I wrote her and said if she just wants me to move on then tell me so I have closure. I don't understand why she can't just tell me how she feels. So thanks for your advice I appreciate it. I will try to keep you updated on here. Thanks !

• :) Glad to help, and yes I would appreciate it if you kept me updated I'm interested to see how things turn out for you and ALSO, good luck :P

• Did you read my comment above? She is seriously messing with my head I hate it. I mean I told her if she just wants to be friends to tell me and ill be happy with the closure. But she refuses to tell me that. Its crazy.. She's all over f/b saying she loves her new boyfriend tho so I am just going to take that as my sign to move on. I can't keep chasing someone that can't even give me a straight answer. Its tormenting and unfair to me. I hate it. I understand she might be confused. But what should I do?

• Im going through this also my x says he cares about me and it would bother him if I was with someone else. He's with another girl now. We were together for almost 5 years I still love him and want him back but reality is he's with someone else I also wanted him to jus say goodbye so I could have closure but he refused. I feel the same and my thoughts were if he was truly happy he would let me go but he hasn't and it sucks. Like my friends tell me which I really don't want to believe is that he's keeping me there jus in case his relationship fails he will have a back up. I say you deserve better than that. Its hard but we keep going. I hope I helped a little. Keep smiling things will get better! Good luck!

• Yeah she just texted me last week and said "Uhh I'm so confused" and invited me out with her and her sister to a club. I didn't respond that day because I was busy but when I asked her what she was confused about the next day she said it had something to do with school. Which is bull. I have been chasing her and trying to get her to meet up with me after she sent the confused text, but she just avoids my questions when I ask to meet her. She is all over f/b saying how much she loves her new boyfriend too.

What Guys Said 0