Being friends with an ex, really a good idea?

Ive stayed friends with my ex boyfriend and its fine, but sometimes... it just gets a little hard... like we buy each other presents, always go to the cinema or for food (he pays) and he compliments me about how I look etc.

But if I say something about us trying again he is deadly set on it not happening... :/ which I don't mind, but it hurts me. I keep thinking sometimes will happen, but in the back of my mind I know it wont.

Is it best for me to leave this friendship alone? I think it would be best, but I can't not have him in my life... :/ help?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, leave it alone. He is acting in a contradictory way and I can't understand it. Unless you can, time to move on!

What Girls Said 1

• Well maybe you need to distance yourself from him. If you wanna be friends with him then when you guys go out offer to pay for yourself and insist that you do and talk to him less. I never understood why some guys wanna play the role of what a boyfriend does but don't want to make it official. I had to do this with this one guy...