My ex texted me yesterday... what does it mean?

I've posted some questions about my ex who just broke up with me but I still feel like he still likes me... but I just don't know. It's so hard to understand him. But I haven't texted him or anything for over a week and then yesterday (Christmas) he texted me. I had posted a picture on Facebook of me when I was a little kid at Christmas and he texted me saying 'You still have that same look on your face now. Hope you have a good Christmas'. I texted back a while later and just said hope you have a good Christmas with your family and that was it. He didn't respond to that not that I really expected him to. But I'm just wondering if you think he was just being friendly or what? This isn't the first time he has texted me after I went no contact for about a week.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It means more than friends but he may be testing the water or unsure himself about what he wants. But most guys do not text an ex to be friendly. We might agree to be friends but mostly you'll soon be forgotten unless we still have feelings for you. Most guys friends are guys remember! It still does not mean he definately wants you back but does mean he still feels something for you. Just depends whether that's enough

What Guys Said 1

• I think he was being friendly. It's tough to forget about an ex right away. Every body's healing process level is different. The question is do you still like him? And if he wanted to get back together with you?Would you. I think he still has feelings for you and misses you. But he could be sending mix signals

What Girls Said 3

• Mm I agree with the comment below- don't think too deeply about what he said. Its maybe a way of him showing in a friendly mannar - don't forget me I'm still here he still cares I think just not on a stronger level. Your doin the right thing by leavin him stewing. Ur seeing results already! All the best

• i think it's a friendly text from him.

i know it's not that easy to forget the ex from a break-up...unless he ask you out for a date and reconciliation, his texts (or may calls) means nothing more than friendship.

• Girl, first off Merry Christmas :)

I can totally understand you as I'm at the very same stage as you in a break-up.

He texted you means that he's still being friendly with you.

He probably still likes you, perhaps not "that into you".

Moreover, both of you just broke up, didn't you?

Don't read into what he means.

You've just got yourself out of this relationship.

So after what he put you through emotionally by initiating the break-up suggests that you (or in fact we) shouldn't let them affect our emotions.

We have the right to feel happy, regardless of their existence in our lives.

Hope this helps love x