Why won't he let me leave?

I've had this guy friend for over 3 years... At first we were really close friends and would hang out everyday. We got along well and liked the same things, we had a lot of fun together as friends. I already was starting to like him but he had a girlfriend at the time. He had told me he thought I was attractive on several occasions though.

He eventually broke up with that girlfriend and one day I told him I thought we should date. For some reason we kinda distanced ourselves and spent a few months without hanging out, then one day we started talking again. Soon after we were hanging out and he kissed me. It seemed okay, kinda awkward but wasn't a disaster, I enjoyed it. But after that he just proceeded to act as if nothing happened and trying to be just friends again. I asked him if it was something I did and he said he didn't want a relationship at the moment, which I accepted.

However, it's been almost a year since that happened and I still like him a lot. Various times I have told him I don't wanna be his friend anymore cause it was hurting me due to the fact that I'm in love with him. And even though he's said he only likes me as a friend, every time I try to distance myself from him he comes after me, saying he misses me, buying me presents, asking how I am and telling me he cares about me. I can't seem to be able to stop talking to him as I would like to so I could get over him. I've told him this several times and have been the clearest I can about my feelings but he still insists in keeping contact with me. The worst part is I really like him and end up giving in and hanging out, sometimes out of the pathetic expectation that he has changed his mind and wants to have a romantic relationship with me.

What I want to know is what the hell is wrong with this guy and why doesn't he go out with me or let me distance myself so I can forget him.

02

What Guys Said 2

• it's not his decision. you're the one stopping yourself

• He likes having you wrapped around his little finger. In the end it's your choice if you put up with it.

What Girls Said 0