Broke up, what next?

I'm 20 years old and I fell in love with a girl named Melissa, who is a year older than me. I first met her at work and we started hanging out last year around this time. (BTW I've never had a girlfriend before this and yes I was a virgin too) Anyways we started becoming more than friends (making out, touching each other, sleeping in the same bed) then out of the blue she stopped talking to me because she didn't want to be in a relationship. I ended up in a deep depression to the point I attempted suicide and ended up in the hospital. Soon after we start talking and we are friends again, but I still wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Eventually on May 7th we were official. I was so happy, I lost my virginity to her and life was good until the end of this summer. My friends were extremely mean to her and she left me, which I overdosed and cut myself and ended up in the hospital again for a suicide attempt. She was sorry about the whole thing because it didn't involve me, it was a problem with my friends (who I don't talk to anymore). Then I left for college this September. She came and visited quite a bit and I came home frequently. So now I'm on winter break and just on Tuesday my girlfriend randomly out of the blue, broke up with me because she felt I was more of a friend and how I wasn't as attractive as I used to be :( Anyways, where do I go from here? I haven't really talked to her. Do I let the girl I'm deeply in love with leave me? Find another lovely lady? Off myself? What do?

10

What Girls Said 1

• You seem like a really good guy. But do not lose your life over a person. Trust me. Its really not worth it. I mean she left because she needed to do the right thing for herself and it really was not due to anything that you did personally. I was in a relationship for the past two years and broke up with him intentionally to go on a break to fix our problems because we were not fixing them together. Now I thought that I was going to marry this guy. He talked about asking me to marry him and we talked about when we want kids and everything. I lost my virginity to him too. But the day after we decided that we needed this break, I was talking to my best friend and she told me that he had been cheating on me with my best friend by sexting her all the time. So I realized that I should not go back to that lifestyle, and the break turned into a break up. That was the best thing for me to do. So right now I am over him, I still talk to him from time to time. But I realized that I could do a lot better. I know our situations are kind of different, but with the whole loving thing we are exactly the same. I am trying to move on from him. If your girl truly loved you, then she would probably be talking to you 24/7 (even when you guys aren't boyfriend/girlfriend); she would call you and ask you to hang out; she would give you the look that she wants to be around you all the time; she would do every possible thing to make sure that you were doing okay. The list goes on and on. But if you cannot tell just by her looking at you, then I think you should do what I did and try to get over her. Who knows...maybe the girl that you will end up with for the rest of your life could be the next girl you date. Try to find yourself and become truly happy with your life and lifestyle, then try dating again. It could be a good thing. :) good luck

What Guys Said 0