Why do guys cheat in general?

i have never been cheated on but I have been that girl for countless relationships I have never ruined the relationship cept once. but guys never seem to be bothered some of the guys are just players and I knew that but others have been with the same girl for years and they still wanna cheat. what makes a guy finally calm down and accept one girls affection I get the whole I want to know if other girls still find me attractive and the whole secrative thing and no one will know but still. what makes you do it and still stay in the relationship and look at her and still say I love you to your gf?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• I could never do it if I loved the girl and wanted to stay with her.

But one of the things that could make me do it is that I have been disappointed in girls a lot of times and sort of chased off other girls because of them and it just sucks to discover you've done that for someone that wasn't worth it. So if I had doubts about this girl I could maybe cheat... probably not because I am just not the type but theoretically.

If however I'm with a girl and I tell her it's not serious and that I don't want to get tied down (or just somehow explain I don't want to be exclusive) than I don't consider it even cheating. Because I was honest from the start and didn't give her any hopes or anything and just dated her and tried to see where it would go.

What Guys Said 5

• For the same reasons girls do. What are those reasons? No idea. But don't assume it's a 'guy' thing.

• its not a guy thing... I guess I could ask why people cheat when in a relationship in general

• You're welcome. Saying that only guys do it wouldn't be fair. There are nice guys out there.

• Girl isn't willing to be there for enough physical intimacy, or the girl is using sex as a weapon and withholding it intentionally

• Most guys under 24 are only in a relationship to get intimate with somebody. They have no desire to settle down, get married, and have kids yet. They don't want a committed relationship yet, even though they may lie and say otherwise so they can get in your pants. They cheat because they don't care if it doesn't last long term because that's not what they are pursuing at the moment.

• If you're good enough...he won't cheat on you...unless you aren't meeting his needs...thats how it is...we want what we want..who are you to judge.

• men are dogs, the grass is always greener, they probably love the one their with.(like the song) most never settle down...

What Girls Said 4

• 1) He doesn't love her

2) She doesn't love him anymore

3) Women let men get away with it, they take them back for fear of being alone

4) The girl is a nag & makes him feel like crap

5) The opportunity was there

6) It boosts his ego

7) They can get away with it. What she doesn't see won't hurt him

8) It's challenging & exciting

9) She cheated on him

10) She doesn't put out

Sorry, that's the unfortunate truth of why men cheat.

• I think the problem is that people are just greedy. It's about instant gratification, and what the person can do for them at the moment. I do think it's very selfish though. If you're gonna cheat, don't bother to be involved with someone.

• I want to say thank you for using the word "people" and not "guys" and recognizing that cheating isn't something only males do

• Theres no p**** like new p**** .

• I don't know. This confuses me too. I have no idea why someone would do such a hurtful thing