Do I have a reason to still feel this way?

Back in September, my uncle started texting me asking if I wanted to hang out with him after a town parade...I said "sure" thinking it meant going to a movie or something. He then texted me telling me that he would pick up and alcohol and that he would be gentle with me because he knew I was a virgin. Long story short, nothing happened, we told the police, and my school. The police can't charge him with anything because it's over text. However, ever since that happened, whenever I'm alone with an adult male, I feel uneasy...I feel like I can't really trust them...my grandfather thinks that my uncle was just playing around or that I was seducing my uncle...I'm scared my uncle is going to come to the house when I'm home alone and will get in the house somehow..and then what do I do? Do I get raped?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. Even if it was a joke it wasn't funny. Don't let this guy take your power away by making you scared of other men. If your really scared he may try to come back for you I would keep a journal of any times that you see him or anything he says to you and tell someone you trust where you keep it (just in case something happens), buy a can of mace, and maybe get into some defence classes. Other then that just try to say away from this guy, but don't let him over power you with fear.

P.S. I hope everything works out.

~Jada~

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's good that you're always cautious now. It's safer.

You'll grow out of this slowly, which is good. Your experiences mold you into who you are.

What Girls Said 3

• its totally understandable to be nervous...I suggest going to talk to a counsler or something for a few sessions. You would be surprised how much it helps telling someone that you don't know and that won't judge you what's in your head.

• Ugh that totally sucks that your sleazeball of an uncle has traumatized you in such a profound way. I think that you speaking with a professional (school counselor, therapist, etc.) would benefit you and ease your paranoia. If your uncle hasn't contacted you since there's no reason to think he will find you and rape you. He is sick. But hopefully he would never force you. With that said, you can make sure your doors are always locked (if he has a copy of the key, get a locksmith to change them) and keep pepperspray with you in your purse at all times. I hope you get some closure and are able to move on. Not all males are disgusting. Don't let one skew your perception so greatly. Even though I realize this is easier said than done.

• I think you need to talk to a counselor about this

• You seem to be traumatized by this situation. And I'm not being funny, but I really do think you need some professional help to move past this