Would you get a drink with an ex?

Would you get a drink with an ex who asked you to meet at a bar?

• YES
  • NO
  • Never had an ex
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2312

Most Helpful Girl

• Im my opinion, it depends on why we broke up and on the reason as to why he wants to meet up. For example, if my ex was my ex because we needed some time and space, then I would most likely meet with him. But if he was my ex because he cheated on me, then I wouldn't want anything to do with him, hence I wuldnt meet up with him.

• I agree with this answer. Good job on awarding it the best one. I would most likely not want to get together for drinks with an ex unless things were looking up and maybe there was hope in the horizon.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes - with an ex I'm on good terms with, obviously.

• A drink. That's it. But only in social terms. I'd never "get back together"

And I'd bring my wife along.

• yeh depending on the relationship. its a lot easier if you ended it as if they did you will feel like you are in the pursuit chair. happy exs do exist man.

• Sure, why not?

I have no grudges against my exes (and they don't have a grudge against me)

• Only if it was at one of our houses lol, never in public

• Yes of course, its just friendship. And if you break up you don't necessarily have to hate each other . Or?

• Of course. I do it all the time. No funny business; just friendship.

• why in the hhell would you want to see an ex? there's a reason theyre your EX...

• I'd have sex with an ex, but I wouldn't bother texting my ex, flexing in front of my ex, or getting a drink with my ex, you know why? Because she's my EX

• I can't see why not. It's good to remain friends, after all.

• I'm lucky enough to still be friends with all my exes, so I would! :)

• nope...

What Girls Said 22

• Depends on the ex. My recent ex, I still have feelings for, so because of that I think if I were to meet up with him, it would just open up old wounds, and get me back to square one of the healing process. But at the same time I would be excited to be with him again, because I had missed being with him. It's a Catch 22.

• yeah I don't see why not as long as you ended things on good terms. there are such things as happy exes its possible. people do keep friends after relationships. however... it depends as long as there's no feelings and no one can get hurt then it doesn't really matter so a drink with an old friend is not a big deal

• No, because my ex doesn't drink haha. Also, I wouldn't with the previous ex anyway because I don't want to hang out with him under such terms. Regardless of the situations with them, I still wouldn't because that would be disrespectful to my boyfriend.

I wouldn't go out for a drink alone with my best guyfriend (brother from another mother). He and I actually discussed such a sitatution before we were both in our own relationships. We agreed we shouldn't hang out at night alone since it would be disrespectful to our significant others.

I think the only way I would see my exes is if it were a lunch or dinner in mixed company.

• If I wasn't in a relationship with someone new, then yes. But, now that I have a boyfriend, NO. Bad idea.

• I would depending on the circumstances. But I don't see the harm in it unless it was a really bad breakup.

• My ex and I we are in a good term. I don't mind going out to the bar and have a drink with him because in the end we will get in our own car and go on separate ways.

• of course! You can even take him/her home and have drunk sex for old times sake ;)

doesn't have to be anything serious!

• i've never had any bad blood with any of my exes, I've always maintained a friendship with them.There's nothing wrong with saying hi and seeing how theyre doing, as long as both of you are on the same page and either are thinking of getting back togeher or know that you will never be anything more than friends, that is the most important part. you can't have him thinking there could be something between you guys but you just wanna say Hi.. it gets awkward.

• Since, we're still friends after a break-up, why not? Hardly that horrible.

• depends on the ex.

my last ex, hell no.. I wouldn't even look at him, he was a total jerk..

but my other ex, of course.. especially that we broke up and remained somehow friends!

• I tend to get horny when I drink so...I wouldn't. It would probably end up with a hook up I don't want

• It depends on the relationship with the ex. Some ex's I am friends with and of course I would go out and have a drink with them. However, there are also the crazy stalker ex's that I wouldn't want to be in the same city as. It really just depends.

• no

• I would , if things didn't end too badly , and that person respects you. If they cheated, absolutely do not go.

Give good thought to how you currently feel about them, and be prepared that he/she may tell you that they want another chance...

• My ex and I are still on very good terms. Drinks once a month to catch up is only natural :)

• I'm going to be totally honest...I hate all of my exs with a burning passion so no I wouldn't.

• Hell, no.

• nnonononononono!

• yea I'm not some paroniod freak

• yes, because I'm actually on really good terms with most of my ex's.

• did it last night lol

• I refuse to drink, but even if I did, I wouldn't want to do it with my ex.