Should I give up hope and move on?

We were friends for a few years and he would message me every few months to check up on me. I would initiate too. We flirted a lot and talked about life in general. For awhile, he stopped talking to me because he was going through something. Then we back to messaging and talking over the phone for hours. I wouldn’t say he is super confident in himself because he often talked about areas in his life that he wished were better. Recently, he deleted his account on the only mode of communication we had. Prior to this, he sent me a few picture of him shirtless and frankly, I didn’t know how to respond. I was surprised at this because we hadn’t teased each other with flirty pics in years. So I just sent him an emoji. Shortly after, he posted a story saying that he is getting fat. Then it followed with him deleting his account. The problem is that I had feelings for him that I held back from expressing. The connection we made in the past of talking was like no other connection. We had a lot of similar interests and he was always quick to make me laugh. He was witty and clever and knew just how to flirt. We were both book readers and his relaxed manner was a nice addition to my introverted self. Work got in the way and our busy lifestyles but I still had feelings for him through all that. I don’t know if I’ll ever feel the same for anyone else. I have a feeling he is not feeling too happy with himself right now because of his apparent ‘weight’. Now there’s no way for me to get in contact with him, unless I follow him on Facebook which I wouldn’t want to do, because we haven’t talked in awhile it would mean I couldn’t let go. Should I just let go and move on? Should I never have hope that he might come into my life again?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Find a medium to talk to him I think he doesn't want to bother anyone else with his problems and i think you 2 have mutual feeling for each other. Don't let him go

0|0
    0|0
    • I would do that but I don’t want him to think I was stalking him and that I am obsessed with him. He and I haven’t talked in awhile because of work. He just sent me those pics out of the blue

• Do you have feelings for him
      If yes don't let him go, you may regret if you won't try because you don't know the outcome

• If you don't even try you will regret that you had the chance but you let it slip away

Most Helpful Girl

• Hope is ever-present.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Do you love him?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t love him. I just have feelings for him. I think about him all the time. I thought of a future together. I was more likely infatuated with the idea of us. Your question poses a clear divide for me, and I appreciate it. It gets me to think more about what I built up in my head.

• What would you do?

• If I were you, I'd try to keep those feelings for myself. you just feel safe about having that guy on your side, and that makes your feelings flow more about that friendship. confusing love with friendship isn’t uncommon. however, you have to define your feelings in that relationship so you can deal with any scenario that might happen. what if he told you he loved you? are you ready to allow that friendship to develop into a love relationship?

• move on. find a new one. he is not a last guy on earth. time can solve all issue

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m scared that I might never feel the same way about another person.

• dont scared. suppose if you fail in one exam, then you will fail in all exam? if you eat good food in one restaurant suppose it shuts down, then you will not get good food forever? see in life we will not get that we want everytime. have satisfaction to enjoy life!

• Stay the course

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes