What are some effective ways to move on from someone you're pretty sure you loved?

It's been a year and I still think about her all
the time. Knowing she's with someone a lot better than me too just makes it feel even worse.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Few weeks ago I was like u snd only I could go on when I focus on other things. Also, I spend more time with people I love (family and friends). Try to find new hobbies, listen ur fav music and go out. It could take time, but just take things with calm and positive attitude.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually the best way to get over an old girlfriend is with a new one. Otherwise you can maybe try and spend more time with your Friends. Perhaps make a platonic female friend. It can help , you'd be able to do everything you could with a girlfriend for the most part. Should help you stop thinking and associated everything with your ex. After a year is not healthy man. Heck more than a month or so I'd say is approaching unhealthy. How many break ups have you had?

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all you are only focusing on certain aspects of her new guy in your comment about him being better than you. Everyone is different with varying attributes. His are different to yours. I am 100% sure yours will be better than his in half of them. Law of averages etc.. Fact.
    Meet girls, sleep with them, enjoy your freedom. Aim high always. And listen to rap music, its generally mysognistic (sorry ladies) and will help your frame of mind.
    It's time you got a better girlfriend, have some self belief. The fact you are still thinkung of her shows you are a genuine guy - not many guys are like that Guessing you beat him on that- which is a massive positive to girls. You underestimate yourself. Good luck brother.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Spend time with family and friends, block all contact with your ex, take up a new hobby or join the gym, watch a funny movie and cry when you need to. Time helps heal the most.

0|0
    0|0
  • You must eliminate them.

0|0
    0|0
  • How did it end?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• It happened to me, she on the navy with her popeye and now I don’t care if they banging each other up. Actually, her starting a relationship with him helped me move on even though I was just confused on who i like because honestly. I don’t think I ever loved her, it was just the idea of me loving her that kept me coming back lol..
    Plus there are more pretty girls out there unless it is my current #1... there is not a more pretty girl than her lol..

0|0
    0|0
  • Find stuff that makes you happy or advances your career and focus on it. Don't think about her. Try to find someone new. The pain is always going to be there (likely for the rest of your life if you truly loved her), you just have to learn to ignore it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be happy for her, and be happy she's you're not the reason she ain't with you...
    Go with friends out.. don't drink alcohol for that matter... do something fun, go out and watch the stars and the world in the silence... take a walk appreciating the little things in life, and the little good things that has happened to you...
    Smile more... don't close yourself off from the world, meet people you know, meet new people...
    G. L. ma man

0|0
    0|0
  • You move on to the next one. Stop wasting your time. Why would you keep thinking about someone who doesn't care about you?
    When a woman likes you she makes your life easier, not harder. She won't be flaky, or cancel dates, or play hard to get.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in the same situation until she was a complete bitch to some friends of mine and I realised she was not at all better than me, all you have to do is having that moment when you see that for yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up contact meet with a lot of friends, seatch nee hobbies.
    Make shure you are so busy that you don't have time to think bit will the time with thinks you like and what's bringing you forwards

0|0
    0|0
  • There no easy way, I suggest to not fall into the rebound trap, you will only end hurting someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either meet someone else or indulge yourself in doing things you enjoy doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • By stop actively thinking about her u have not moved on because u are stopping yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Difficult but give it time

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes