What are some effective ways to move on from someone you're pretty sure you loved?

It's been a year and I still think about her all
the time. Knowing she's with someone a lot better than me too just makes it feel even worse.

413

Most Helpful Girl

• Few weeks ago I was like u snd only I could go on when I focus on other things. Also, I spend more time with people I love (family and friends). Try to find new hobbies, listen ur fav music and go out. It could take time, but just take things with calm and positive attitude.

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually the best way to get over an old girlfriend is with a new one. Otherwise you can maybe try and spend more time with your Friends. Perhaps make a platonic female friend. It can help , you'd be able to do everything you could with a girlfriend for the most part. Should help you stop thinking and associated everything with your ex. After a year is not healthy man. Heck more than a month or so I'd say is approaching unhealthy. How many break ups have you had?

• First of all you are only focusing on certain aspects of her new guy in your comment about him being better than you. Everyone is different with varying attributes. His are different to yours. I am 100% sure yours will be better than his in half of them. Law of averages etc.. Fact.
    Meet girls, sleep with them, enjoy your freedom. Aim high always. And listen to rap music, its generally mysognistic (sorry ladies) and will help your frame of mind.
    It's time you got a better girlfriend, have some self belief. The fact you are still thinkung of her shows you are a genuine guy - not many guys are like that Guessing you beat him on that- which is a massive positive to girls. You underestimate yourself. Good luck brother.