How long does it take for you to get over someone?

• Within the first day
    Vote A
  • Within the first week
    Vote B
  • Within the first month
    Vote C
  • Within the first year
    Vote D
  • More than one year
    Vote E
  • Other (Explain)
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how long it lasted and why it ended. And on level of your maturity. When I was younger it took me longer, now within weeks.

My longest relationship was 5 years and the hardest one to get over. It took me around 1.5 year.
    The last guy I dated for only 3 months but it was such a strong and emotional relationship that it felt like years. It's been a week since we ended and I'm kinda already over it. But first few days were the hardest in my life, I literally felt my heart ripping apart, it was so intense. I never had such a strong heartbreak, not even with the ex of 5 years.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The more you accept what has happened, the more chances you have to move on quicker.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• It all depends on how long the relationship was and how it ended. It took me over a year to get over my first ex, it only took me weeks to get over my second one.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends how much you loved them.
    For me it's been 3 years and I haven't gotten past it yet.
    True Love! Is It Ever Attainable? ↗

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how we treated each and thinking on if it’s something i can see that could’ve been a solid built foundation, .. but in general... probably a month in the least..

0|1
    0|0
  • I think there are a lot of factors, for example how long it’s been, how much you love the person, how often you have to see them etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • Past crushes immediately but it took me a while to get over my crush on my best friend

0|1
    0|0
  • Several months, usually.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

Recommended myTakes