After someone has hurt you by breaking your heart, should you hold a grudge or forgive and forget?

If someone broke up with you and broke you heart the process, would you bear a grudge against them and hate them for what they did, or forgive them and leave the past where it belongs?
  • Hold a grudge against the person
    Vote A
  • Forgive them for what they did
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Forgiveness of others, is never about them, its about you. Forgiving them allows you to let go of your hate and anger. It allows you to move on, the Felling of HATE and ANGER seeps into everything, skewing our views.

You can forgive, you don't have to forget or love them or even like them, you just leg go of your anger and hate.

My wife after 15 years, had an affair, with my friend, I was devastated, but I finally forgave her. it allowed me to move on, she is not my friend, lover or anything to me anymore, But she in not my ire and I am not angry anymore.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd probably be upset for awhile and grudging but I'd soon get over it and realize it was probably both our faults.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It is entirely your choice. You can have a revenge if it isn't troublesome or time consuming for YOU. It depends upon how bad they wanted you to feel and how bad did you really feel. If it's worth taking a revenge, go on, and be sure to teach them a lesson so that they remember it for their rest of their lives but be careful and intricate. If you think you can't, no biggie, just rub it off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do hold a grudge and never let them come back into my life again anymore. Enough is enough with that garbage. Cheating, lying, playing with my feelings, crushing my heart into pieces. How can I forget and let it go? It's the deepest cut.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk it all you want, there's no way to repair a broken heart. You'll always have a vendetta against them, so why hide the facts behind a fake smile?

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive them and let it go. Holding grudges will consume you from the inside out until you die.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't forgive cheaters

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont forget the skeeze

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Karma will handle it and it only hurts you to told on to the anger. Move on to the better you
    Deserve

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither, just move on and chalk another one up to experience. If you hold on to this it will only hurt yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally forgive but I know it's extremely difficult

0|0
    0|0
  • Hold it till you take revenge, then have fun

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes