After someone has hurt you by breaking your heart, should you hold a grudge or forgive and forget?

If someone broke up with you and broke you heart the process, would you bear a grudge against them and hate them for what they did, or forgive them and leave the past where it belongs?
  • Hold a grudge against the person
  • Forgive them for what they did

57

Most Helpful Guy

• Forgiveness of others, is never about them, its about you. Forgiving them allows you to let go of your hate and anger. It allows you to move on, the Felling of HATE and ANGER seeps into everything, skewing our views.

You can forgive, you don't have to forget or love them or even like them, you just leg go of your anger and hate.

My wife after 15 years, had an affair, with my friend, I was devastated, but I finally forgave her. it allowed me to move on, she is not my friend, lover or anything to me anymore, But she in not my ire and I am not angry anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd probably be upset for awhile and grudging but I'd soon get over it and realize it was probably both our faults.