I'm turning into a jealous girlfriend. Am I in the wrong?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year, we're very close. He always tells me just how much he cares for me, how much he loves me, and such. I believe, I really do. It's just that he's always talking to about a million girls, which I get because I have a lot of guy friends, too. However, there is one girl that really gets me frustrated. She's his best friend and that's fine, but there are a lot of things about their friendship that bothers me.

1. She is his ex and he was infatuated with her for about...three years?

2. They go over to one another's houses while their parents aren't home, just the two of them.

3. His mother likes her better (for no reason, I assure you) and set up certain days when he is allowed to be with me, but no limit on her. He takes advantage of the lack of time limit to be with her as much as possible.

4. A couple times he drove around town to get a bunch of snacks/whatever and then for several hours, just sat outside of her house in the car (or so he said, I dunno).

5. They hug and cling together, looking more like a couple than friends.

6. She sits on his lap and he allows it with no hesitation...

7. I've had my friends come up to me before, several of my friends, and ask me if he and I broke up. When I went on to say that we hadn't broken up and asked why they asked that, they said they thought Todd was with her, this other girl, now.

Am I losing it or do I have some reason to be jealous/suspicious or whatever?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• f*** ya you have reasonable suspicion. he's pretty much...with the two of you? like number 3...forreals...his mom tells him what to do? that's embarassing..

and what good does it do you for him to tell you he loves you...but then turns around and starts acting all shady? the sitting in the lap thing...the hanging out in the car doing nothing? like WTF. this story actually pisses me...the lack of shame some guys have. and chances are you're like a good looking, bad ass girl friend that gives him everything...

so NO, you're not losing your mind and you should slap the sh*t out of him for me please. actually no...just put your foot down, you cannot let yourself be treated like this. you will never get any peace of mind so long as she is in the equation. oh and btw...friends can be lovers but lovers can never turn around and be friends. it actually sounds like he's still into her...and she's using it to her advantage..to know she has that much control over him, and thus over you. anyway hope this helps. keep me informed... :D

• Thank you so much for for helping, honestly. That problem was fixed, but now there's a new problem. A worse problem. :/

What Guys Said 1

• She's sitting on his lap and he's not pushing her away? So I take they stopped talking about...business?

Yeah, I think that's a good cause for suspicion/jealousy. I'd talk to him, see what that was about, see if he wants to have sex with his ex again.

• I did, thank you. This girl is now in out of life, but now more girls are involved.

What Girls Said 1

• he is cheating on you emotionally because you feel it is so. Do what you have to do... even if you leave him... there is no reason for you to kill your heart over this! yeah he still loves you but he hasn't hung up his boots over her and niether has his family... Hope for the best for you you are in my prayers girl. :)

• You have every right to feel jealous and suspicious. I sure as hell would be. I think you should talk to him, calmly of course. I am sure he will say they are just friends but point out the same things to him that you have pointed out to us, hopefully he will understand where you are coming from. Good Luck!