Would it be weird if I did this?

There's this guy that works at the grocery store near my house. He's been working there for the past three or four years, and I always see him looking at me when I'm shopping there. I'm really shy, but I was thinking that while he's piling apples or something (he's a stock guy) I could say "I just wanted to come over and say hi. I'm Tasha, by the way, and you are...?" and then after he tells me (assuming he does) I could just say something like "Very nice to meet you so and so, I'll see you around!" and then give him a smile, maybe a little wave, and then walk away. I just want to keep things casual at the beginning, but still have him know that I'm interested.

So I know this would be really random, but would it be a really weird thing for me to do? Like do you think it would creep him out or anything?

And just to clarify, I DO like him, haha.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this is a cool idea but it sounds a little too formal. Instead, why not think of something you can ask him to spark a convo first. So, if he is stocking produce, as him if he can help you pick a great piece of fruit. Or ask him where such and such is. As he answers you, smile, make eye contact and continue to talk if he extends the conversation. At the least you can extend it with a cute little joke. Then, feel free to ask him his name, tell him yours and thank him. The next time you see him, make sure to say hello and use his name (people love hearing their name) and ask him how he is doing. Hopefully he will pick up on this and it will spark conversations that will lead to him asking you out. Obviously you don't know his story, he may have a GF, but there are ways to find that out as well, like asking what he did over the weekend.

I met my great boyfriend at his family's restaurant. I have been going there for probably a year or so and started recognizing the different family members. My boyfriend would seat me and my daughter and one night, out of the blue, I asked him about this liquor they serve at the end of the meal, and our connection went from nothing to seeing this spark that I did not expect. He found me on Facebook and it took several more months of having nice little conversations and random comments on Facebook before he asked me out and I accepted. We have fallen in love and he is my dream, the man I had hoped to find for a few years now. Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• It would be pretty weird. And very cute, and unexpected, and intriguing. I'd go for it, I can't imagine he'd turn a cute girl like you down!

• sounds perfectly OK to me. You might say that you have been shopping there for a while and not even know his name, something like that to make it smooth. But your plan sounds great, go for it!

• I don't think that's weird, you're just introducing yourself. If he's noticed you for 3 or 4 years them I'm sure he was glad you at least talked to him.

What Girls Said 3

• Dont just go up and be all hey I'm tasha who are you? Its a bit weird, you could always dropsomthing beside him and he would be more than likely to pick it up for you, if he does then just say thanks and then say your tasha by the way and let it flow from there, if he doesn't pick it up no harm done.

• lol cute :p but maybe start off with something a little more subtle just to make sure he doesn't freak out, like pretend not to know where a certain fruit is or something as an opening question. Then ask him where they have it and then you may extend the convo only if he seems approachable and keen for a chat :p lol I don't know but something more subtle! Good lukk :)

• that sounds good