If a guy pays, is he expecting something?

if a guy takes me out and pays for a really expensive first date, does that mean that he's expecting a little "sumthin sumthin" by the end of the night?

he was just after a piece of ass. dated for bout 3 weeks before we stopped talking. I'm not easy and am looking for a relationship before putting out, unfortunately the moment he realized that, he stopped calling. hopefully there are better guys out there

49

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there are men who are interested in a relationship. The way you are going about looking leads me to believe you'll meet a really awesome one that will give you the respect you deserve. :)

What Guys Said 9

• Could be. Could also be he just really wants to enjoy the night out with you. Don't read so deeply into things. It can get you into trouble.

• depends on the guy. not all guys expect sex in exchange for an expensive date.

• i would, but then again I'm so suave your gonna need to have me by the end of the first date =P ha ha jk he could or could not be it might just be a pride thing for him... I don't know if you wanna get with him though by all means

• I'm afraid it's just that...

Otherwhise he'd take you out on a "normal date" (not expensive and or spltting the bill)

• and a lot of girls are ready to give him what he expects (or more)

• Update:

that's life...

• you have a pretty pessimistic view of life of that's what you really believe. yes, there are enormous d*bags out there, but I know that there are also a lot of nice guys that aren't like that. I have so many friends that would go above and beyond to take a girl out, even on the first date, that woudn't expect anything besides a thank you at the end of the night. you shouldn't be so discouraging towards people and their situations...just saying.

• The fact that a guy pays for a really expensive first date should set a girl thinking: it means that in his eyes the expenses have some importance in a date. I'd spend a bit, of course, but never really expensive.

• Just read what I wrote yesterday.

• Not at all, a guy can do it for many reasons but it is usually not to score or anything like that, personally I do it because it is the gentalmanly thing to do.

• Isn't that why they have the third date rule?

• might not be the end of the night but maby later down the line..like investing almost

• Most might. Personally I don't want any woman that's ever had sex

What Girls Said 3

• He might or might not--there's really no way to tell. But just because he pays does not mean you owe him anything by the end of the night. Except of course to thank him for taking you out and show appreciation.

• If he does, he's not really a man. Kick him to the curb

• I really hope not! I'm sure not all guys are like that. We can't make the generalization that all men are pigs, because there are just as many great guys out there as sh*t ones. By all means, you should not feel obligated to do anything you wouldn't have normally if he pays. Honestly, isn't that a bit like prostitution is he is expecting a little "sumthin sumthin"?

• "here are just as many great guys out there as sh*t ones. "

Indeed, but the combination of great guy+enough money to pay expensive dates is rather rare.