Please please read and give me your opinions?

My boyfriend and I broke up recently. We dated for almost 3 years. So two months before we broke up we had been trying to fix it. It seemed like I was the only one trying. Mind you we loved each other very good but he fell out of love with me. He started liking someone else he has feelings for. But from a friend that talked to him I found out the girl he likes doesn’t like him. So my friend has been trying to convince him to give us a second chance and my ex said that he knows things won’t be the same. So my friend told him yeah they won’t be the same but with a second time around you can try to make something better than before just put your focus into her instead of this other girl that doesn’t like you. My friend also told him not to just jump back into a relationship with me because it will end up messy again but to just start all over as friends. He said that he has to think about it. He feels that things won’t be the same because the breakup was pretty messy but the way we broke up wasn’t. So what’s the best thing to do here? What should my friend tell him that will convince him to give us a second chance as friends? Does it sound like he wants to try but is scaredbit won't be the same? I’m scared if I just sit back and give it Time he will move on completely or what if the girl actually starts to like him and they end up together. I love him so much and I want him back how can my friend convince him to give it another try today or in the next week? Guys please help. How can I get his attention off of that girl and onto me? I honestly pray everyday for god to bring him back into my life mind you this all recently happened. Is there every a chance of us getting back together soon? He also told my friend we are giving each other time right now.
Please please read and give me your opinions?
Add Opinion