Do you keep memorabilia from past relationships?

For every yes, what determines how long to hold on to them?
Thanks for all the feedback. I look at memorabilia as a sweet spot in my life. Never had any bad relationships. My previous relationships may be previous but they hold a special place & I hope all the best for them

611

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends on what it is.

Some of my exes got me really sweet or unique stuffed animals- I kept them, even though I don't cuddle or look at them like I did when I was with them; they're boxed or bagged up in storage. Pictures of them? I'll admit I love pictures and the memories associated with them, so I usually do not delete or destroy pictures of someone unless they really hurt me or I'm having trouble moving on. I just put them aside or don't look at them until I've gotten over them.

But other things that remind me of them or didn't have as much meaning, for example, maybe one of their shirts I would sleep or lounge in? Gone. I figured it was the best way to get over them and move on with my life.

• yes I do

• update: forever. I see them as good memories, not bad ones. most likely they gave me those gifts while they still loved me so I just remember that when I look at them

Most Helpful Guys

• I keep a mug from my last relationship. I know it's silly. But she put pictures on it of our time together. Memories. It was really sweet. I can't get rid of it.

• Will you still use it if & when you get a new girlfriend?

• No. I don't use it. I only used it once, after we broke up.
      I would use it if I got a new girlfriend. I'd explain what every picture means, if she wanted me too.
      Its just a few snapshots,
      I think it's important to keep something. One thing.
      If you could keep one thing, what would it be? Mine is a mug with pictures of the time we spent together. I suppose it's silly. But it makes me smile.

• Depends on circumstances.
    With woman i was seeing at turn of the tear, no. I couldnt get rid of things quick enough. Straight into a black bag and out for the binmen.