Anybody ever forget what being single\taken feels like?

We started dating April 14, 2017. And now here we are... breaking up November 11, 2018. I gave my all. He used to but then stopped. At the end of the day, i blame myself for trying to be wifey when i was just girlfriend. I blame him for refusing to change for me like i changed for him. I blame friends who wished bad on us. I blame family who discouraged us. I thank the Lord that we lasted this long, and i’ll also thank him if he makes it possibly for us to work again in the future. But for now, im just single. Im just... me. I feel like i wasted 2 years honestly. I mean i probably shouldn't say that since im still in love with the dork, but whatever. I think i’ll start looking into in vitro now because i dont know if i have it in me to fall again just to possibly be used or heartbroken. Its happened numerous times with different guys. So i mean... yea
#FeelFreeToList #SingleOrTaken
Okay, so last night the Lord Almighty gifted us another chance at this. Im going to take full advantage and try to learn from the past mistakes i made. I just hope he can hold up to his end. I may not be on here as much for a while and fear that i may get a lot of negative comments for giving this another shot. But anyways, thanks so far to those of you who gave great advice or who was there for me yesterday. Tty all again someday

3069

Most Helpful Guys

• Before I answer your question, I just want to give some advice based on my own personal experiences. Being single will suck at times, but there is a sense of peace that comes with it if you approach it the right way. Use this time to assess yourself. What are some flaws in you that became noticeable or problematic during the relationship? What are some goals or dreams of yours that the previous relationship got in the way of? You should really ask yourself these questions as you move on to this new phase in your life. There's so much you can do when you are single and you don't need another human being to fulfill you. Now, to answer your question, I have not forgotten what being in a relationship feels like, although I've been single for over a year now. I gave up on dating because I'm tired of the dishonesty I was dealing with. Also, I'm not at a point in my life where I'm even dateable. I have A LOT of things to work on before I even consider pursuing a woman again. But, I can honestly say that I am at peace now. I'm just focusing on getting my degree, improving at my job, and helping my mother out.

• Sounds like where i was when i was single. I didn't wanna go back to this tho

• Damn des! Sorry this Sitch hit you so close to the holidays and in general. can't believe I come back and your dude still being a douche. I know nothing can truly be said to fix your current heartbreak state. But I do think you're an awesome person who deserves better than that douche, buuuut I also know the heart wants what it wants sadly. It's why I'm fighting for a girl I possibly will never have again lol.

But anyway hang tough, hopefully your mate get ish together start meeting you halfway, some day soon.

Most Helpful Girls

• You still seem young and don't look at it as a closed book but just another chapter. A closed chapter, and there will be many more. Being single isn't all that bad. It's scary at first but its liberating. You just worry about yourself now, you do what you want without a second opinion. Cry if you have to, but don't cry for too long. Now is the time to focus on yourself. It won't be bad.

• I can only focus on myself for so long. I want to give and receive love. Either from a man, a child, or both

• Of course but just remember to love yourself first before loving someone else. Being alone isn't bad. It gives you a chance to see who you are as a person without needing someone. When you learn to be content with yourself alone you can be content with a life partner.

• Stages in life come and go as they please with various obstacles and life lessons that are placed for us to face. Each relationship I've been through has molded me and taught me something different as each person whom I was with as well as where I was in life during the time I'd be dating a particular person would give me various feelings. When I was single for close to 2 years, I thought I had forgotten how to love someone or thought I lost the "it factor" in attacking a good guy, but being single during that time only helped me realize the independent person I can be when not tied down.

Hope you can find peace though this breakup Desii and in time see what you've gained as a person.