Who has more to lose in a marriage if it doesn’t work out?

I’m going to say MEN obviously, because we will
Lose half our things and then we’ll have to pay child support if we have a kid. Then pay her for the rest of our life.(No wonder so many women want to get married) and do try to tell me about oo sign a prenup, most women if you try to tell them that they will say oo you don’t love me then. And if she does sign it guess what you’ll still have to pay alimony. So if women are wondering why men don’t want to get married this is why. If the government and the courts weren’t trying to strip everything from us maybe we would all do it.
  • Men have more to lose
    Vote A
  • Women have more to lose
    Vote B
  • It’s equal
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends on the people involved. Some women will try to take from the man and some won't. Some men will try to take from the woman and some won't. Depends on the individual

1|0
    0|0
    • Men rarely take from the women well because we can’t cuz men usually make more and even if we don’t the court will still make us pay. It doesn’t matter who’s involved the court will make us pay the woman no matter what

• Show All
    • Thanks! But I say it's a victim complex because you're looking for people to agree with on the internet. If your country has injustices, go out and try to make a difference! You can't loose anything greater than you can gain

• No problem and I didn’t want anyone to agree with me I just stated my opinion and I wanted to see other people thoughts on the subject. If I wanted people to agree with me then I wouldn’t put options that say women lose less or it’s equal

• Whoever has more money gets hit in the pockets. I could see your point on alimony though. I just think alimony is fair when one of the couple has been a homemaker and sacrificed his/her career.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously men, especially if they are the ones that worked hard and paid for everything while wifey sat home watching the kids and daytime TV. I have gone into details many times on here about everything I lost via divorce so I won't do it again.

When you find yourself homeless and broke while your ex lives it up in the house you paid for you will understand.

0|2
    1|0
    • That’s what I’m sayingggggg but all these women keep saying they lose more how?

• Show All
    • According to women it is always the man's fault, always. They will even tell you that in most situations. Hell they will even cheat and blame the guy for it.

• That’s what I’m saying , I’ll give them facts and statistics and still want to say I’m wrong when it’s right in their face.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Again? Why are you so fixated on this? XD

Life happens. We can't predict if something will fail or not. We have to decide is if we are willing to take the risk to make it work or risk not even trying at all...

1|0
    0|0
    • Well because maybe the more I talk about it the maybe the government will actually try and make things more fair in the courts. Like okay child support if fine because they both made the kid and should take care of it together but everything else. They should take what they both went in with

• I agree that people should leave each with their own stuff except in the case that one of them sacrificed his/her career to focus on the family. I still think stay-at-home moms or stay-at-home dads deserve alimony in case of a divorce.

• But what if they both work and have no kids not always someone will have kids then what? I’ve seen a lot of cases where the woman was just Greedy and just getting alimony. Even on here so many guys have said they got screwed over.

• who cares. make marriage work

0|1
    0|0
    • Men try but women are the ones who always get the divorces

• Show All
    • Looool it’s not that women know if they divorce the guy they will get his money so they don’t care and won’t try

• people wouldn't even comprehend the success I've had. i wouldn't wish it upon anybody. i get what you're saying though

• Depends on who makes more income and the situation

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I think it depends on the situation. More often that not I think it's the man, but not always. If the man is staying home with the children and has no income and the woman has a high paying job, then I think in that case the woman would have more to lose because she'd probably end up having to pay alimony and child support.

Laws are different in different places too, so that can be a factor. The exact same situation could result in different outcomes based on the local laws or maybe even which judge makes the decisions. Generally though I think it's the man with the most to lose because more often it's the woman that's the primary care taker of the children and that has the lower income and also I think courts are biased in favor of the mother when it comes to getting custody of children.

I think in a lot of places you can be required to pay child support if you have children even if you're not married, so avoiding marriage doesn't necessarily mean you'll avoid having to pay after a breakup.

0|2
    0|0
  • Pretty obvious answer. I’m sure we all know at least a couple guys that have been cleaned out by a vengeful ex

0|3
    1|0
    • Exactly but then these women on here say oo that’s not true , it’s fair they both lose everything.

• The one who has more to lose is the one who has invested more.

1|1
    0|0
  • Obviously men. You're lucky if you lose only half. Only way men don't get absolutely wrecked in divorce is if they're exceptionally wealthy, powerful or connected to powerful people, AND have an ironclad prenuptial agreement.
    I dated a divorced woman who felt guilty for cheating on her husband, so she didn't contest any of his demands, except on custody. Both her lawyer AND the judge tried to talk her into railroading her ex. The state of divorce and child custody courts is a goddamn travesty in this country.

0|2
    0|0
  • Always the man regardless of circumstances.

0|3
    2|0
  • Men do

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes