Have you liked someone deeply but you weren’t ready for a relationship?

A guy I was seeing for months admitted to me he really did like me. And I believe this. He’d constantly ask to hang out, he was very very respectful when it came to sex and never asked until I told him to do it. He’d compliment me and went as ahead as saying “one day we’ll do this” “let’s do this one day”. But then suddenly he told me he isn’t ready for a relationship at all and has lots to experience yet. Of course I respected this and said my goodbye because I knew it’d hurt me if I kept talking to him. For weeks he’d constantly message me through various platforms. So really I wanna know your experience, have YOU ever liked someone or had someone like you but weren’t ready for something serious? Why does this happen if things are great?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but I know she's not relationship, or girlfriend material so will never go beyond a certain point. She of course, being as attractive as she is, finds it confusing, but most people in general do not have introspection so never see themselves...

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, and i’d recommend not falling into that relationship unless you’re ready. i myself am a pretty emotionally and mentally unstable person, and being in a relationship pushes you off the edge unless you can keep that balance. it turned out that i could not, so the relationship i had ended up crumbling by my own hands.