Should a guy even try to get his ex girlfriend back?

This is assuming the guy uses no contact and focuses on himself (workingout, friends etc). Is it worth a shot if you love her? Or just leave it to fate?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's never worth chasing a girl. That does nothing except put her on a pedistal, boosts her ego, and puts her in control over you. Your ex will just eat up the attention that you get her, nothing more. She KNOWS how you feel about her already, and she sees you as clingy. Once a girl sees you a certain way it's very hard to break away from that. Moving on and dating other girls is the best way in this type of situation, and for God sakes don't be "friends' with your ex. You would just be putting yourself through misery.

What Girls Said 2

• it can be both. If you still love her and you know without a doubt try it again but its up to fate to decide when the right moment is. If you or your ex are doing the same things or act the same way and nothings change from what broke you up, you might want to give it more time...

• two things...

1) did you break up with her? or did she break up with you?

if it was a space thing or feeling pressure and her call, then maybe distance and time and you proving you can lead your own life will help... if it was you that broke up, then you probably have some work to do or she isn't going to be concerned.

2) how do you expect to get someone back if you aren't making any effort to do so? fate isn't going to work for you if you don't put in what you hope to get out of it.

• She broke up with me probably because I was to physicaly clingy and I pushed her away. She broke up with me in mid november.

What Guys Said 3

• yeah if you like her still, you should give it a shot and try to get her back. But ironically, the best way to get her back is to forget about her and walk away. You're doing the right things with no contact and improving yourself. You have to think that she's gone. And then you go out and start having fun meeting girls and start dating one or two. When she sees you around, then maybe she'll like you again. That's usually how it works. Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.

• dude one thing I've learned is not to do that. see you need to go out and meet lots of other women because you're always gonna find better women than your ex.

• You should try to give it a shot. Don't regret not trying later down the road.