Can trust issues be worked out?

Recently broke up with my boyfriend. He has the habit of going behind my back making false promises, and lying to my face. Otherwise, he treated me very well. I'm starting to regret it and wonder if we could work it out. But is that even possible when trust is broken?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No. Attraction and desire cannot be negotiated. Once that's gone it's never coming back. NEXT!
    And quit calling things an ISSUE - call them what they are. If he's a cheat and a liar then call it that. These are not trust 'issues'. They're failures.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally haven't seen it happen.
    My ex wanted me back and she promised me the moon.
    Once she got me back she just went back to ber old ways again.
    Her desire to change didn't last.
    I'm done trusting her. It just is what it is.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah my ex was the same. I actually gave him many chances and he never changed his ways. He says now he won't do it again... But I don't think he even can stop

• Sorry to hear that.
      I think it's sort of like an addiction.
      My ex just can't be trusted.
      After we broke up she came to my house slept in my bed.
      I asked her "If we get back together again are you going to cheat?"
      She just paused for a long time and said "I don't know."
      That was the end for me.
      I feel like they get feelings for their cheating partners and then they want to keep both you and their affair.
      It just never ends.

Most Helpful Girl

• if he wasn't willing to change his lying self then it's better that you broke up with him. If the trust is lost, then the relationship will be less stable, and that can lead to future breakups. If he's used to lying then you won't know if what he says about anything is true or not.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. That's exactly what it felt like.

• Then good job on breaking up with him and don't regret it! There will be another guy that will treat you like a princess And not destabilize the relationship.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Its possible... but the process is so grueling due to the unknown factor (the other person), that its not worth it.
    Thats why i love the relationship system i created. Fine with everything, and if you ain't... there are processes to change that. It forces people to do things that people, both males and females just... walk all over lol...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Twice I was told things were worked out and once she in a tiff again then its all brung up again. Better to not care about the things that bother you if he makes you that happy but if you can't don't waste your time and give him the space for growth and try later. I'm not the person I was then but when I changed was after damage was done and then I was given the 2nd chance before healing could actually take place... heal then give it a go.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be mended. But I don't know your background so all I'll say is from my experience trust yourself first. And you will realize what is it you need to be you so if what he took away is something you trust yourself to understand and work it out with him then go ahead otherwise accept it and avoid the pain for both of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely they can be worked out as long as the two parties involved want to work it out but it's going to take time and you have to be dedicated and not make them Miss trust you along the way cuz if they have trust issues and you do something where you violate that trust them never trust you again so you don't have to walk on eggshells for a little while but I definitely can be worked out

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Once trust is gone it is gone forever. It is like breaking an glass into an 100 pieces and gluing it all back together, it may be a glass again but you will always see where it was broken.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lying to ur face is a big red flag along with the going behind your back. Your better off forgetting about him and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • hey you can as well forget that... my own x, even if I said the truth, said it here own head that it was a lie

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they can. But not necessarily with that person who broke your trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Never go back. you're just telling him you will forgive his bad behaviour. Move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if u are prepared to trust again and he is willing to not lie

0|0
    0|0
  • Hypothetically, it's possible. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Did he cheat on you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Run and dont look back. It will get worse...

0|0
    0|0
  • no, they can not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• He has to change and you have to make it a requirement. Give it some time if he cares he will text you, if you can't take it anymore text him and see how he is doing and see what he says

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure but you gotta find someone that's patient enough

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure you'll already know what my answer would be. Sorry.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes