Can trust issues be worked out?

Recently broke up with my boyfriend. He has the habit of going behind my back making false promises, and lying to my face. Otherwise, he treated me very well. I'm starting to regret it and wonder if we could work it out. But is that even possible when trust is broken?

416

Most Helpful Guys

• No. Attraction and desire cannot be negotiated. Once that's gone it's never coming back. NEXT!
    And quit calling things an ISSUE - call them what they are. If he's a cheat and a liar then call it that. These are not trust 'issues'. They're failures.

• I personally haven't seen it happen.
    My ex wanted me back and she promised me the moon.
    Once she got me back she just went back to ber old ways again.
    Her desire to change didn't last.
    I'm done trusting her. It just is what it is.

• Yeah my ex was the same. I actually gave him many chances and he never changed his ways. He says now he won't do it again... But I don't think he even can stop

• Sorry to hear that.
      I think it's sort of like an addiction.
      My ex just can't be trusted.
      After we broke up she came to my house slept in my bed.
      I asked her "If we get back together again are you going to cheat?"
      She just paused for a long time and said "I don't know."
      That was the end for me.
      I feel like they get feelings for their cheating partners and then they want to keep both you and their affair.
      It just never ends.

Most Helpful Girl

• if he wasn't willing to change his lying self then it's better that you broke up with him. If the trust is lost, then the relationship will be less stable, and that can lead to future breakups. If he's used to lying then you won't know if what he says about anything is true or not.

• Yeah. That's exactly what it felt like.

• Then good job on breaking up with him and don't regret it! There will be another guy that will treat you like a princess And not destabilize the relationship.