How do I get over being used and ghosted by my boyfriend?

Im literally so heart broken and disappointed.
My boyfriend of a year and a half has completely ghosted me with no warning what so ever.

The week before he told me he would be gone for 2 months to work in Canada. I was a little sad because he won't be around at Christmas but I was understanding about it. We said we should spend are last week together before he goes. Ever since that he's not been replying to my massages and it says he seen them, he's not home and he hasn't came to see me and he's blocked me from his social media. He basically gone to Canada without saying goodbye and is to much of a coward to brake up with me face to face.

I feel so scared and used. He completely betrayed my trust. He was my frist boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him, I loved him, I gave him my everything. I'm so scared he really took advantage of me and manipulated me. I thought he was a really good man and that he loved me too. I thought are relationship was great. Just before he left we slept together and he told me he loved me and that I was so beautiful to him, why would he do this to me?

He's a photographer and he took some very etroxic photos and videos of me and I'm scared of him sharing to others as well. I feel so foolish. He's 28 and we got together when I was 19, I'm 20 now. I thought because he was older he would be more muture and take care of me. Everyone, my friends and family all thought he was a really amazing person and he just fooled me and everyone else.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Unfortunately the first love in our lives like a curse that doesn't vanish away quickly. I'm sorry you've been through this experience, but this is something we've all been through, so we learned that in this life, many characters and masks are worn by people. what you need to do is forget about him and look for yourself. I know it's kinda hard, but little by little, the situation will normalize itself, and you'll float up to the top. I promise.

2|1
    0|0
  • I've been through something similar and I know how you're feeling. You're going to go through all kinds of emotions and feelings for some time probably. There are just some really crappy people out there. And being older, doesn't mean they are mature. This person that hurt me is almost 40 and has the maturity of a 6 yr old I swear. Main thing, don't take this personally. YOU are in no way to blame, and this is ALL HIM. It's hard not to blame yourself when they don't give you closure... and it will get better, eventually. It will just take time. It took me a LONG time to "get over it".

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• the best revenge is a smile, move on with life - no need to waste energy on someone who doesn't give a single fuck about you

4|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• You need to calm down.
    What has happened has happened.
    You cannot do anything about it.
    Thinking about it all the time will just make you more sad.
    You need to be strong right now.
    No one can make you feel better other than you.
    Life is cruel, I have been there.
    Take your time but not much to be normal.
    Every second you'll think about him is wasted, don't let him be important as he as earlier.
    That's all i can suggest and hope you be fine soon.

1|1
    0|0
  • You can talk to "the law" sharing your private pictures is a acriminal offence. If you didn't sign him a contract, if he is sharing them... get his nuts busted.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow, I am sorry for your experience. My ex girlfriend used to say to me that you never really truly know anyone and I think when these instances occur it proves that theory. I have been disappointed in hindsight of who my ex was/ is and I am sure it's the case for her too. Life is too short to dwell on it though, it's been and gone and you have to take control of yourself and try to accept it to move on. It's not an issue with you, it is his issue. I think the best perspective for you to have is it's his loss and you'll never see him again, so live your life for what you have and what you want to achieve. I hope that made sense

3|1
    1|1
  • Wow.. so sorry to hear this. That's crazy. Hit me up if you want to talk about it or just someone to listen. Sometimes we all just need that person to help us get through it. Been there.

0|0
    0|0
  • How do I get over being used and ghosted by my boyfriend?

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe there's privilege law's that do not allow disclosure without your consent, so you should be ok xxx

0|0
    0|0
  • You're an idiot, he's an idiot. But whatever... It'll work out.

0|0
    2|0
  • Stop talking about them... history should be kept in heart.

0|0
    1|0
  • You immediately find a new guy to bone you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he’s in Toronto we can kick his ass for you.

Otherwise I got nothing.

The fact that everyone liked him is unusual but means... you weren’t stupid and blind.

It sucks. Take time. You will get through this. You’re and even better partner now then then. You will love and be loved again.

3|0
    0|0
  • Only i can express like that

0|0
    0|0
    • What?

• Show All
    • If only you know what to do without any people around you. Train yourself to love yourself

• If you're lonely and you don't love your self but you look for dates, it just means you're not ready for dates but you're bothered anyway.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sorry that happened to you but next time please don't date older men. Date guys around your age. He played you for a fool. I don't date old guys either.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are shitty. Welcome to the real world.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes