How do I get over being used and ghosted by my boyfriend?

Im literally so heart broken and disappointed.
My boyfriend of a year and a half has completely ghosted me with no warning what so ever.

The week before he told me he would be gone for 2 months to work in Canada. I was a little sad because he won't be around at Christmas but I was understanding about it. We said we should spend are last week together before he goes. Ever since that he's not been replying to my massages and it says he seen them, he's not home and he hasn't came to see me and he's blocked me from his social media. He basically gone to Canada without saying goodbye and is to much of a coward to brake up with me face to face.

I feel so scared and used. He completely betrayed my trust. He was my frist boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him, I loved him, I gave him my everything. I'm so scared he really took advantage of me and manipulated me. I thought he was a really good man and that he loved me too. I thought are relationship was great. Just before he left we slept together and he told me he loved me and that I was so beautiful to him, why would he do this to me?

He's a photographer and he took some very etroxic photos and videos of me and I'm scared of him sharing to others as well. I feel so foolish. He's 28 and we got together when I was 19, I'm 20 now. I thought because he was older he would be more muture and take care of me. Everyone, my friends and family all thought he was a really amazing person and he just fooled me and everyone else.

313

Most Helpful Guys

• Unfortunately the first love in our lives like a curse that doesn't vanish away quickly. I'm sorry you've been through this experience, but this is something we've all been through, so we learned that in this life, many characters and masks are worn by people. what you need to do is forget about him and look for yourself. I know it's kinda hard, but little by little, the situation will normalize itself, and you'll float up to the top. I promise.

• I've been through something similar and I know how you're feeling. You're going to go through all kinds of emotions and feelings for some time probably. There are just some really crappy people out there. And being older, doesn't mean they are mature. This person that hurt me is almost 40 and has the maturity of a 6 yr old I swear. Main thing, don't take this personally. YOU are in no way to blame, and this is ALL HIM. It's hard not to blame yourself when they don't give you closure... and it will get better, eventually. It will just take time. It took me a LONG time to "get over it".

Most Helpful Girl

• the best revenge is a smile, move on with life - no need to waste energy on someone who doesn't give a single fuck about you