My ex has a girlfriend, but wants to remain friends. Should I stop all contact or remain friends?

My ex recently started dating his girl best friend. We've been apart almost 2 years. We've held regular contact. I was upset to hear this news through a friend. He said he didn't know how to tell me because he still loves & has feelings for me & didn't want me to stop talking to him or hate him! He said he was tired of being alone, & didn't know what to do. He didn't realize I still had feelings for him. He said his head is messed up & now everything is a mess because he wasn't aware of how I felt. I still have feelings for him, but I have to move on.

Do you think its best I stop talking to him all together, or remain friends? We've known each other almost 10 years. We were best friends for 2 & together for almost 6. Part of me doesn't want to give him the satisfaction of talking to me, because I'm hurt. The other part does want to talk to him, to make him realize what he doesn't have anymore...and of course because I still care for him.

02

What Guys Said 2

• Quote: "He said he didn't know how to tell me because he still loves & has feelings for me"

Answer: Move on with your life and leave him in the past. DO NOT reconnect with this guy.

Look, most guys who pull that sh*t (getting another girlfriend and trying to draw your feelings along) only want a fall-back plan. You aren't a second-rate girl, don't treat yourself like one. If he has a girlfriend good for him, but that means it's time for you to move on with your life.

There's only one exception I make for ex's to remain friends now -> If they truly are friends.. Friends don't speak about the past of our relationship.. They don't try to pull on my feelings for them.. They don't invite me to the house alone when they have a relationship.. etc.. If he/she wanted to be friends ONLY, then I'm cool with it.. But if not, *opens the door*.. Buh bye.

~ ArtistBBoy

• Thanx so much! I know what I NEED to do...hard as it is. I will be better off.

• It's best you stop contacting him. In future much more complications can come because of you contacting him.

And remember one thing seriously, once you're in a relationship with a guy, you can never be friends with him even if you try your best. The past memories strikes your mind more often if you stay friends and hangout or chat or anything.

So, I think it's best not to contact him anymore. It's the best decision for all 3 of you (you, your ex and his gf)

• Yes your right, I don't want to come in the middle of them, or play competition. I don't want to be their topic of convo or the center of their jokes. Thanx for the advice!

What Girls Said 0