Is it normal to feel so angry and lonely after a breakup?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, it is. It’s because you gave your love, affection and attention to someone and they’re no longer in your life. It happens. How you help yourself to not feel that way is to surround yourself around positive people, your family. And do things that make you happy. Keep yourself occupied. Over time you’ll heal

2|0
    0|0
  • Nobody wants to be angry and lonely, but the circumstances you're going through have forced you to feel that way. It's just a passing cloud.

1|5
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, is because of all the emotional built-up that lead to the breakup. No matter on which part of the situation are you, it's still the same. So the other person feels just as you do.
    The lonelyness is there, because there is something missing to your day-by-day life. The anger comes as a result of the frustration of not being able to change some of the things that lead to the breakup, or the situation itself.
    As clichee as it may sound, time will really heal everything, trust me. I've been through this a few times, and it's gonna be okay, in the end. (:

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, breakups can be such a tough and strange time that follows it for awhile, but time is the best. I hope you're okay in those times

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 52

• Yes, that's fairly natural. People wouldn't complain about breakups all the time if it wasn't. Hopefully you feel better soon. Try and get outside, listen to some music, watch some movies etc. You'll get over it with time, but doing those things can help to free the mind and have some quality 'me time'.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing more normal. Abreakup entails losing your partner in crime, someone who has become a magnificent part of your life and then ripped away. Take the time to think through what bothers you, you'll instantly start to feel better

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. That's how I learned to play the guitar. I just sat there, blubbering like a fool, and finally picked up the guitar. It was only only way I could express my pain. I started out simple. Just a few chords. But it eventually turned into a song. And I realized that was the whole purpose of our relationship. One song. That she never heard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Just eat some ice cream. Girls love doing that after break ups. It's part of their depression

1|0
    0|0
  • Don’t most girls get their “slut on” after they break up?

1|0
    1|0
  • I did for a long time as well as feeling no care for nothing, no energy, lost, empty. On the outside I was solid but inside I was dying, falling apart. Then about eight months later I forgave her and slowly start putting myself back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, it is perfectly normal, don't worry about it, with time you will get over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that's pretty normal. You spend so long with someone you had connection with that when they are gone you feel at a loss

0|1
    0|0
  • Booth. It’s normal. It’s ok to feel too. But don’t dwell on it for years. Get back into personal interest and move on. One day at a time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I might even cause you to change your morals, your personality and your view on the world. It won't last forever, you will find your normal self again.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to endure different emotions after a break-up and anger is usually one of them. It doesn't last though. Time heals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. If it makes you feel any better. It'll continue all the way into singlehood. Enjoy...

0|0
    0|0
  • Baby, No need to spend you energy in such stuff. there are many eligible singles ready to mingle😉 concentrate on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it pretty normal but can I ask why did you guys broke up?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is very normal coz its like wen u were used a certain taste of food n u taste something else the taste is not gonna be e same

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, very and also very common and important, it's what shows that you take relationships seriously and don't just choose anyone you see

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course, breakups are horrible, if you hit depression its normal too

0|0
    0|0
  • its not normal if you dont feel angry or lonely after a break up

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's your mind acting up on you. It's normal emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure is.
    Unless the relationship didn't matter to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's quite normal but you need to forget and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it is specially if you feel the person betrayed you

0|0
    0|0
  • For me? Pretty much, but i couldnt be mad at her so im not sure why im mad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I myself feel so lonely to death cuz I'm used to be completely alone. no friends, no nothing

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is because your heart is broken n mind runs very fast that makes u angry

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's totally normal to feel like that. Took me 3 to tears to get over my ex girlfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • For woman it does , because she learn to control her boyfriend and make him do stuff for her :)

0|0
    2|0
  • Yeah. Rarely someone feels better after a breakup.
    That will happen, after a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shit happens, but life move on, its his loss you are beautiful xx

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not unsual, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 35

• The five stages of grief (loss), denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief. Not everyone goes through all of them or in a prescribed order. Just remember your grief is as unique as you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • its a common feeling but you have to know that you are greater than your relationship and that the relationship is only one small aspect of how you view yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Its hard and not easy. Be kind to yourself and do something for you only that would bring happiness to you only. It takes time to get over such ordeal when breaking up... hope you find something that makes you content. Hugs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. You start to realize all the faults that led up to the break up and just think. Damn it was right there all along!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it’s normal. It’s life, we’ve been gifted with feelings. Those feelings aren’t always our favorite ones, unfortunately.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are the one who initiated it and he never comes back, of course.
    And even if he is the one who initiated it, you are still like this because he tried to come back to be your bed pal only.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well is normal feel lonely and sad. But if u feel angry after it could be u felt u deserve more than he did in a relationship (like betrayed or fooled u).

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It’s part of the 5 stages of grief.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it is. It will sort eventually. Take your time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's normal. But don't stay there. Do something positive and focus on self improvement. Otherwise, that could last for years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's normal for everyone, if it gets too much though see a therapist

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately yes and in time it does get more bearable. Good luck to you!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes only time heals

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but it all depends on the circumstances

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel the same.
    So yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup it's normal

0|0
    0|0
  • yes :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you dumb cunt

0|0
    1|1
  • Of course
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you break up?

0|0
    0|0
  • Very natural.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes there is no other way to feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal T_T

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep...

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo, of course you wouldn’t feel angry or lonely after you’ve split with someone you once saw something in and spent time with. Noooooopeee most definitely not. Sarcasm

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes