Guys, if you could cheat and never get caught, would you?

Guys, if you had the chance to cheat on your girlfriend/partner/wife and never risk getting caught, would you do it? Answer honestly please, just curious to see what you say :)

510

Most Helpful Guy

• I in all honestly would NEVER do such a thing. Never have physical contact (in that way) with another girl that wasn't my partner. I am the most loyal guy ever and would never think of doing that to my wife, even if there was no chance of me getting caught. Never in a million years. I would be heart-broken if she cheated on me. Words couldn't describe that, and I don't even want to. So no, NEVER cheat on someone who's not my partner.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm a very loyal person, and to be honest, the idea that I would betray someone like that seems pretty ridiculous. On the backside of the medal, I react relatively unfairly if I believe I've been wronged like that.

• No, because my wife already lets me sleep with whomever I want as long as I stay within the rules of our marriage.

It's not the sex that destroys your marriage, it's the lying you have to do to get it.

• Probably not, I try to live by the golden rule and wouldn't want my partner to cheat on me.

• No. Even if I was fully and completely aware that I would never get caught... I'd probably feel guilty every time I saw my gf/wife/partner. That emotional/mental pain would build up over time to be worse than any physical pain. Truth.

• No, I wouldn't. I've been in a different country than my wife for 9 months, and four times I had temptation and opportunity, and I always walked away from the situation. I stopped even putting myself in a situation that could lead to trouble (real or perceived).

• I suppose I'll step up and be truthful here. No. It sounds like a lie but no. I don't have it in me. It's a nice fantasy and all but when it came down to it, I know I'd run off at the last minute and go home to my girl. It's just not fair to her.

Because to me the question here is, if my girlfriend could cheat on me and not get caught, would I want her to?

• No! Never!

Treat people in the way you wish to be treated.

Cheating is for people without thought & self control.

INHO

Regards,

Johno

• never ever would think about cheating

• My honest answer is "probably not", although I can envision a setup which might be an exception. But this is true: I would not have intercourse with anyone but my wife. The setup would be seeking and paying for oral service from a sex worker if I was away from home on business for a long time, to work off tension and have some entertainment.

• What's the matter guys? Plenty of balls to cheat, but none to admit it?

What Girls Said 5

• awesome question =P They better not! >=D Evil grin

• Haha thanks. Me and my friends were talking about it yesterday and I'd LOVE to know what they say :D

• For their sake, I hope they do! Hahahaha :)

• MUAHAHAHAHAHA! >=D or else they shall never see the light of day ever again! >=]

• if they would, will they admit it ? come guys be truthful

• I'm hoping they will! Even if they have to post it anonymously, I'd love to know the truth.

• I am being honest to god. Swear on my grave, that I would never cheat. It is the lowest of low if you do that. That's horrible tbh. Would never do such a thing.

• its not that I think all men would, I don't think men are any more prone to cheating than women, but will the ones that would admit it ? the question should have been aimed at both genders, I was more interested in what percentage of the population would cheat, anyway you don't have to justify yourself to me your not my boyfriend

• You should ask women the same thing. If I could cheat and not get caught would I? Yes I would, because my guy treats me like sh*t.

• To be honest, I think that most people, guys and girls, who have never cheated think that they never would. But if put into certain situations, they very well might.

People always think they know how they would react in a situation, but you don't really know unless you're actually in that situation.

For example, most women would probably say that if their partner ever hit them, they would leave him. Yet, many women stay in abusive relationships. Or if you ask someone what they would do if they witnessed a crime being committed, some people might say that they would try to stop the criminal (but if it actually happened, they might be paralyzed with fear and just lay low); or they might say they would keep their head down, but in reality, they might get a burst of adrenaline and stop the criminal.

I guess what I'm saying is that: When you ask someone if they would cheat, they are thinking with a clear and rational mind. They know that they don't want to hurt their partner, jeopardize their relationship, or do something that they wouldn't want their partner doing to them. When you're actually presented with a situation to cheat, your mind is likely more clouded with feelings of passion, arousal, excitement, danger/adrenaline (doing something that "breaks the rules" or is risky is often a turn-on for people), anger/resentment (if your partner made you mad, is neglecting your relationship, etc.). You don't always use your best judgment.

I always "knew" that I would never cheat. I think its a horrible thing to do. I don't want to hurt the person I love. But I cheated on my first serious boyfriend. We had been together for almost 5 years. He left for 3 months during the summer for his job and during this time, I started hanging out more with a friend of mine who I had had a bit of a crush on for the past 3 years (who also had a long-term girlfriend who was away for the summer). We became really close, a lot of sexual tension developed between us, and eventually we started fooling around. It was exhilarating, exciting, incredibly hot. The fact that it was wrong, that we could get caught, and that it was "our little secret" made it that much hotter. It was the best sex I'd ever had, which made me come back for more. I tried to justify it too---the fact that my boyfriend decided to leave without discussing it with me and that he had broken up with me a few times before, which made things in our relationship feel "different" and made me feel less trusting of him (he had broken up with me because he wanted to know what else was out there, since I was his first girlfriend, the first girl he had sex with, etc., and I felt that the main reason he came back was because he wasn't very successful at getting girls)---I felt resentful about all of this.

When I was alone and thinking more clearly, I felt incredibly guilty. I knew that feeling like my relationship wasn't happy wasn't a good enough reason to cheat---that if anything, I should end things with

• my boyfriend, and that I should have done that before I started cheating. So, I "tried" to break up with him. I told him I was unhappy and wanted to end things, but he cried and begged me to stay with him and promised that things would get better. I had never broken up with anyone before and I still cared about him, so I didn't know how to be assertive enough to say "No. It's over."And I didn't want to tell him that I cheated and hurt him more than I already was. In the end, he came home and

• found out that I had cheated and ended things with me.

I guess I'm sharing this story because I didn't think I would ever cheat, that I was even capable of it, and I did. I don't think you're going to get too many people on this question admitting that they would cheat---either because they don't want to feel like a bad person, or because they seriously think they would never do it... but they might if the situation is right. In reality, a lot of people do cheat and I think a lot of these

• people thought that they never would.

• I'm so sure ALL the guys here say they wouldn't cheat. Piss off.

• I wouldn't. Not all guys are d*cks. There are a fair minority that do not want to cheat. I would never cheat. Never.