How to guys move on so quick?

So I broke up with my ex because he was treating me badly. I loved him to bits but I had to walk away as it was making me miserable. We were very in love for a year but there were always other girls hanging around and I know now he cheated on me. I think he was very shocked I broke up with him. I wanted him to change so badly but he just never did (smoking pot etc) But within 3 weeks he had a new girlfriend (definately was not on the scene while he was with me) and was plastering pictures of her and him all over facebook! They are still together 2 months later and officially 'in a relationship"...he looks happy and I'm still trying to get over the fact that I had to leave the love of my life.I was a great girlfriend to him and he said after we split the best he ever had and he thought I was THE ONE. I keep thinking oh he is probably treating her way better and has changed for her which kills (though I am not freinds with him on facebook he has an open profile and he text messages sometimes to tell me he misses me and sends me pics but has NEVER mentioned the girlriend) How can guys move on that quick? For me I feel like I only ever meet someone special once every few years...he was such a jerk and now he gets to be happy!? And with a new nice girl? I feel like I meant nothing to him and it kills me because I put so much into the relationship. He just forgot me and loved on..im devastated...

14

Most Helpful Guy

• He stopped liking you a long time ago. Basically, he had already began to move on way before you broke up with him, which is why when you did, things were easier for him. I could be wrong, but I know this happens quite often. Don't think as if you meant nothing to him, because there could have been a time in which you did, but then it passed. It's common and happens all the time with lots of people, but we deal with it in a different way.

Also, here's a thing about guys who cheat on you and stuff like that. The reason why they look so shocked, is that by leaving them, you are making them feel like a monster. You make them feel guilty, and they try seeking for your forgiveness so that they can then sleep better at night. Because nobody likes to feel like a monster. It doesn't mean they care about you, though.

Also, not all guys move on so quick. We either didn't quite like you as much as you did, never liked you in the first place, or - as it might have been in your case - might have stopped liking you in the middle of the relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• Remember ms, what goes around comes around, I know you probably heard that a couple of times to say the least. But trust me, some type of happiness is only temporary happiness...so let him enjoy it while he can. Besides the guilt lies in him and not you, you did nothing wrong but he sure did you wrong. Remember people learn, and some people learn the hard way...and it seems like he's going to have to learn the hard way in the long run. Let time take its place and oneday when everything comes crushing down, that's when he's going to think about you and realize that eventhough there was more girls after you, no one ever treated him like the way you did. But by that time you will become a better person than you already are to begin with. I know your devastated, but your biggest strenth rigtht now is time...let time be altogether. Your not alone, I know how you feel, this thing called life its pretty weird, but in the end there's always light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what. ^_^

• this sounds like exactly what happen to me. but I was engaged. me and my ex were together for a year. things were going good, than she started to get distant and not talking as much. she told me Christmas morning she didn't want to marry me anymore...i wanted to break down but I stayed strong. that night she told me she has interest in another guy and has feelings for him. this is when I broke things off with her. she came running back a week later, begged me to take her back. I'm not someone to give 2nd chances, but I loved her more than anything and wanted to make this work. well about a week of talking again, she hung out with some kid alone, and ignored me. than when we finally talked she said she wants to explore her options. I told her I'm sick of her playing her little games, so I left. blocked her on facebook haven't talked to her for about a week now, well she already has started dating some other kid and is trying to throw it in my face. but I'm not letting it get to me, because I know how she treated me, and I know I can do a lot better, I deserve much more. people like that have issues and it will catch up to them sometime. some people don't realize how good they were treated until after everything is over.

im staying strong and so should you! you said he treated you badly...well you now know you can do a lot better! convince yourself that someone out there is waiting for you and that he will treat you better than anyone has ever treated you! I hope this helps! stay strong!

• He moved on so quick because for him there was nothing to move on from. He used you, and I bet a tenner he's using her.

You women are f***ing experts at choosing the wolves from the sheep.

What Girls Said 1

• He is still texting you and telling you he misses you... he hasn't moved on. This new girl is a rebound, they have only been together 2 months... it won't last much longer.

• yah, listen to her. if he was over you, he probably wouldn't be still tryin to talk to you, so just see how it plays out. think of it like this: the heartbreak he caused was a wind, and you are a sailboat. without the wind, the boat can't reach the other shore, i.e your true love