How long did it take you to move on from someone you thought you loved?

My ex told me she loved me and how one day we will get married. A big argument the next day and she dumped me. I tried begging and apologizing but it made it worse. She told me I am now the most hated person in her life. 2 days later she is dating/ sleeping with someone else. So as a dumper, how long did it take you to move on from someone you loved?

3234

Most Helpful Girls

• I think that if she could do that to you, one day talking about marriage, the next about breakup, and sleeping with somebody else so soon, then she's not worth it. I'm sorry to tell you this, but she is not worth your energy and thoughts.

I don't know over what subject your argument was, and I can't say that whether you were at fault or not, but she could have been talking to and/or seeing somebody else while she was with you, and your breakup just gave her the optimal opportunity to pursue this other guy. Just my logical analyses and thoughts.

If she could date and worse, sleep with somebody so soon, she's not a quality girl, and not your wifey material. You wouldn't want a wife who would divorce you in a day, and get over you so quickly, would you?

I understand that you are entitled to grieve over your breakup, but I'm just presenting you some facts and letting you know that you don't need to stress yourself over somebody who isn't worth your energy.

• 6d

You are right. The fight was over her past. when we first started talking she told me she was over her past and hadn’t seen them all year. Later I found out she was sexting one a week before we talked, met him a month before and they kissed, had a convo with him after saying she was done. No mention of her being done with him. She blocked him then.
      And I think she was talking. About 2 weeks before our fight my parents found out and they wanted me to block her cause they don’t like her. But we still pursued eachother but took a step back.
      She even told me about this guy. Saying how others think they flirt a lot. She told me “I told them I have someone we are just busy” then showed me their convos. 20+ snaps in one day. I told her I trust her. Then a week after that she was with him. Sleeping with him and meeting his family.

• 5d

Ugh see? You got yourself into it
      But don't feel bad about it, it made you stronger and more experienced
      Throw it behind your back bud and make sure it doesn't happen again, she's a whore with several mental diseases

Find better girls at a library or something, a girl who's surely more educated and cultured and doesn't open her legs for anyone
      A girl who isn't a slut basically

• 5d

@FragileSnowflake You are right I don't know what I was thinking. She told me she changed and wouldn't go after any guy if we didn't make it.
      My friends were so shocked I chose her. I am going to medical school next year. And she is 5 years older and still in community college. She is also an illegal immigrant and her family cannot speak any English.

• I'm sorry that happened to you.
    I don't know what you liked about her or what you saw in her, but she's a terrible person; mean, unkind, dishonest, lack of character, revengeful, arrogant... I could go on even though I don't know any of you.

Sadly, even though you may already know all this, it may still take some time for you to get over her depending on what she meant to you and how much you opened yourself to her. Either way, the time will come when you will thank God you didn't wasted more time with her and will appreciate the lesson you got from this: being able to better judge people.

• 7d

I know she is this but the funny part is I still love her like I did when I first told her. And although she hurt me bad, I still love her.
      But you are right. She gave red flags in the begining that all my friends told me to take seriously but I was just in love I ignored them.

• 7d

Dare I say, you love who she could potentially be - but is not.
      It's always a shame, but there are are some "loves" that are unhealthy and cannot be fed.
      It's better to focus and appreciate the people who were always there and cared for us, like possibly those friends who shared their opinion with you.

• 7d

You are so right. In my mind I chalked up this girl who learned from her past and changed for me. But people never change.

Most Helpful Guys

• she's not emotionally stable and hadn't resolved her past relationship. I've talked extensively with another gal that age, nice gal, wonderful person... but emotionally has problems that are hard to deal with. Was this one... Black and white thinker? moods shift on a dime, attacks you? I doubt you want that pain. Readup on Borderline Personality Disorder as one possible scenario, read what other men and women deal with and how hard it is. You should because for some reason you were drawn to this person and she's not stable. Somethings wrong on her side, double check what you learned about yourself if there is something damaged (because if it is BPD... they attract caregivers, nice push over guys, etc..). Otherwise, just move on and look for a better person.

takes years. I've heard 1 year for every 3 in relationship to cleanse. Some faster than others, but not 2 days.

• 5d

She had a very troubled past. She had a boyfriend, dumped him went to a friends with benefits, then back to the boyfriend, then back to the friends with benefits. Never told the boyfriend about it.
      When we talked she told me she doesn’t deal with exes nor seen them. But that was a lie. Worse her exes were technically family members.
      And my family hated her. So we actually took a step back about 2 weeks before the official breakup. But still talked everyday. Even blocked a girl for her during that time frame because she made me.

• 5d

don't take any of what happened personally, it's all about her. her emotions are all over, she's the walking dead if you will... in terms of love. This is only a medical case for you to learn. Next girl, run past family for approval. Good you have boundaries and held them, that is surprising she didn't push them over.

• 5d

She did push the third base but I really just let it happen. I didn't want it at first. And that caused a lot of problems between us as I didn't want to move that quick.
      And I 100% agree with you. My family needs to approve of the next one before I go far.

• Ouch same happened to me took me 8 months. My advice is no comfort sex. It will only hurt you worse like dating before your ready. My ex was cheating when she said those things and the next day posted a new best man picture on her social media. Calling me a loser after I tried talking with her about the break up. Needless to say it was over a long time before she hurt me.

It will take time to get trust in people but take that time to do you man.

• 4d

Yea there were warning signs with this girl. When we were in the talking phase, she told me she hadn't dealt or met with any ex. Only to lead them on. Found out she was sexting one a week before we talked and met him a month before.
      We took a step back as my family interfered with us:
      She wanted me to block females and I did.
      She told me about the guy she is with now and how others say they flirt a lot. Showed me their group convos. But I went to their private one. Saw 30 snaps in one day. Then about 2 days after the official BU she was with him. Posting snaps of leaving his house in the morning.

• 3d

Well then time to block her and work on you.

• 3d

Yes I feel confident with myself again. Just hate how I begged for her