How to not contact a person when you're on a break?

Honestly, its the most difficult thing yet. After asking my last question when to contact a person when your on a break of course I went ahead a couple of days later when I was drinking to text her and it went well, I got a little closure out of it. I did it again today and it just makes me want to be back with her, its agonizing. How can I resist so that I don't have to feel feeling of pain? I love talking to her, I love her but it hurts so much. How can I stop myself?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• went through the same thing. I went 3 weeks without contacting my ex. but the minute I caved, it was heartache all over again. for me, he mostly didn't respond which was better. but there were some times he would, but it was just to tell me to leave him alone. the more texted, the more I wanted to keep doing it. there is no easy way not to contact. you can delete the number, but if you have it memorized, this is pointless. you can keep your phone at home, but most people need their phone. best thing, just keep telling yourself "if she wants me, she'll call". "if she wants to talk, she'll text". she has your number, she knows how to contact you. if she isnt, its for a reason. just try try try to resist, but don't beat yourself up if you give in. happens to all of us.

• solid answer. ill follow your advice fully.

• im glad I could help. hey, let me know how its going. like I said, I'm still having a hard time not contacting the ex. lol, I want to do it right now. I won't though. heartaches and heartbreaks suck. hopefully life has something great planned for us and when we meet someone else, we can look back on this and laugh till we cry about how we wanted to contact our exes.

What Girls Said 2

• I've been there... I find the best thing to do is keep yourself busy and out of the house, away from online forms of communication. Also, leave your phone at home so when you're out you really have no way of contacting her.

• Delete her number, then you can't text her at all

What Guys Said 2

• i just went through this recently as well. I'm assuming you have her on MSN or facebook or like skype?

for those things what I had to do was, I kept offline for the whole Xmas break, so that I wouldn't be tempted to message her. as for txting it will be harder because you will have your phone on you all the time, but try changing the position of her name in your contacts so when you go to text her, her name won't be there...

itll take some time but it will get easier. I'm not saying you will like her any less because after everything I've done to keep distant I still like this one girl, but give it some time and it may work out in the end.

hope this helps!

• Find something to do. I find when I'm bored at home, that's when I want to text the most. But when I'm out playing basketball, I'm thinking either "meh screw her I'm having fun" or I don't even think about her. It works really well!

Also if you want to keep her number, change the name to "Do Not Call". I did this before. I think it's because whenever I wanted to text her and saw that name, I got that happy feeling from before. But seeing this as the name did not give me the happy feeling.