Can a guy cheat once and then never do it again?

Kinda like get up the courage to actually cheat but then after he does it feels so bad about it he tells you and says it will never happen again?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Cannot really generaize on that. Some guys, as you said, would feel bad that cheated and wouldn't do it again, while some might not feel that way. If I ever hardened my heart to cheat on someone, I'd surely feel like an a$$hole, and never do it again, in fact I might even confess about it because I can lie to anyone, but not myself, I'm someone who would wanna be truthful to my conscious. But one thing is for sure, if a guy cheats on someone and is caught, he wouldn't do it again.

• "If a guy cheats on someone and is caught, he wouldn't do it again".

Maybe some guys wouldn't. In my experience (my love life and others I have witnessed) getting caught doesn't hinder their cheating in many cases.

• ye, probably guys with no shame.

What Guys Said 4

• he could be sorry and probably will never do it again out of guilt but it should have never happened in the first place and that's what you should always remember

• It depends on the person. My former friends cheated on their girlfriends all the time but you have to know what kind of guy he is, if you can talk to his ex's and his friends. If they tell you he's sincere and he just made a mistake then maybe. I had a girlfriend ( the only one I had for a long time ) cheat on me and I forgiven her but my trust was a little shattered and eventually it didn't work out. Good luck.

• u will never know. because it is innate in some people to cheat. The regret he has for cheating you will only last a while, after a while he maybe resume cheating.

You can forgive him, but if he cheats a2nd time, you can say aurevoir petit-ami

• Yes If you forgive him once, he will think he can get away with it again! But if you love him and want to give him another chance I suggest you get an attractive friend he has not met and have her come on to him and see how he acts.

What Girls Said 1

• They always say once a cheater always a cheater, but I give guys the benefit of the doubt. Girls will hate me for saying this, but sometimes they can drive a guy to cheat.

One of my girlfriends' was obsessed with the notion that her boyfriend was cheating on her. She had no grounds for accusing him. She was just insecure and dramatic. Eventually he did cheat on her, because he was damned if he did, or didn't.

If the guy is legitimately sorry, I think it can be forgiven. However there are those types of guys that are still immature and still feel the need to sew their wild oats. Like someone said here, it depends on the guy.