What do you consider cheating, and why?

Do you get bent out of shape over your significant other playfully flirting, or are you so open minded that you allow them to have sex with other people?

Every relationship is different, so I'm interested in the reasons why you may consider something cheating, or why you don't consider them cheating.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in an open relationship and my partner and I are completely open about things we do with other people. Cheating to me would be if my boyfriend had sex with someone and did not tell me or lied about it, or if he agreed not to have sex with a particular person and then did it anyway.

What Guys Said 2

• Well I am lucky enough to have a very attractive girlfriend, but also one that is very conscious about what she does when she is in a relationship. Flirting is something she does without really even realizing it, so that doesn't bother me at all. She does not kiss anyone other than me, nor does she even want to.

The one thing that bothers me a little is that she seems hesitant to hug some of our mutual friends when I am around, I always tell her when we leave it's alright but I guess she just doesn't feel comfortable with it.

As for me, I am lucky that she loves me the way I love her, so I know she would ask if anything iffy came up, although that would be pretty impossible considering. We are very happy together and wouldn't want to risk someone else breaking us up.

• Anything a heterosexual person would feel awkward doing with a member of the same sex would be cheating to me.

• I've never thought of it that way, but that sounds exactly like what I think of it.

• good way of putting it, but not every hetero is uncomfortable hugging, kissing, flirting with the same sex... does that mean that a girl that is OK kissing other girls is not cheating when she kisses another male?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!