Will my ex forget about me?

me and my ex are taking 3 months with no contact at all (which isn't too hard considering we had a long distance relationship)... its driving me crazy trying not to text or call him... I'm afraid he'll forget all about me :( ... feels like I'm having a harder time not talking to him then he does... what should I do? I really want him back... or to at least be on talking terms because I can't wait three months before I talk to him again... I need some encouraging words or advice here... any help? please! thanks!

32

Most Helpful Girl

• the anonymous user is right. 4 months is not long at all to legitimently fall in love with someone. And just because he spent lots of money to come see you doesn't mean anything except that he has a lot of money to spend. I hate to say this, but he's breaking up with you and trying not to hurt you all at the same time. Guys have a weird mindset. They think that ignoring a girl will help not only him move on, but the girl as well. Sometimes it works, but usually it doesn't. beleive me, its not easy getting over an ex. Especially one whom you fall in love with deeply and then ignores you for 4 months. He's giving you the space to move on with other guys while not feeling guilty about what he's done to you and hooking up with other girls. Don't think that he loves you if he would be willing to do something like this to you. In the end, he may just come running back. Maybe in a few months, maybe a couple of years, maybe never. In my eyes, if a guy doesn't want you now, he won't want you later.

• ok that didn't come out right about the money, I just meant it like he went through a lot of trouble to come and see me (theres a lot more to the story) but I appreciate the answer none-the-less! I find it getting easier little by little but its still tough

What Guys Said 2

• 3 months mean he hopes you move on by then, or he talks to or want to talk to another person and if it don't work you'll be the backup plan. if you really love somebody and want to make it work its not going to take 3 months to see that..at the very very most maby a month

• Why are you taking a 3 month break? I need to know more about the relationship... for example.. why would you want to take a break or have no contact for 3 months? DId he suggest it?

• we had a long distance relationship for 4 months... I really felt he loved me (he spent lots of money on plane tickets just to come and see me)... I'm 19 and he's 25 and he said that I still need to experience other relationships, which makes sense... he sent me this text after we broke up..."if I loved closer we would be good and we are just friends for now, never know what will happen in the future"... so he suggested we disconnect for 3 months... including unfriending each other on facebook...

• I think you need more maturity in the relationship.. first of all... money does not equall love... the fact that he spent lots of money on plane tickets doesn't mean he loves you... and 4 months isa really small space of time for a relationship to really grow... if he broke up with you and told you not to talk to him for 3 months.. then he is not worth it.. he is making you wait, for one thing, and if he really loved you distances would not matter... I think you are better off without him.

• i didn't mean it to sound like money equals love... I just meant that he obviously cared a little to go through that trouble...but I appreciate the answer none the less.

What Girls Said 2

• He won't forget about you, and chances are he feels exactly the same as you do about the whole situation. If you really want him back, keep up the no contact and if he wants the same it will work itself out.

• If you had a real connection and he was your boyfriend he is not going to forget you even if you dont end up getting back together. guys ( and girls) do not forget significant girlfriends ( even the ones they end up hating) I remember all my exes and they me because i am unique and unforgettable! I think he is bit too old for you and probably should not be getting super serious about a guy anyway but as you get older the age gap won't matter quite as much and who knows maybe you will come together again if it is meant to be.