How do I get over my first heartbreak?

first boyfriend. first love. first heartbreak. it's been over a week and I just can't stop crying. he deleted me off of facebook and MySpace and won't talk to me. I'm trying my best to avoid him at school, but when I do see him it takes everything I have to not cry right there in the middle of the hallway. I feel so depressed every day, how do I get over this?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I went through this too, its just the first stage of the break up. it took me 2 months to stop crying. right now its been like 5 months and I don't cry about it at all. I do miss him when I'm lonley and sad. but I just miss him because he was my bestfriend, and the only person I would go to with that kind of stuff. I don't go to the same school as him.. but in like 2 weeks I have to. it is hard to see him around, I know exactly. and it's good that he deleted you off facebook and MySpace so he doesn't pop up all the time. if he didn't delete you off it, every time you go on it, you would become depressed and just thinking about him and why you guy broke up. if that happends to you.. block him for a bit. that really helps, block him until your ready to see what he write on your freinds walls and stuff. because it will make you sad if you see him writing on other peoples walls and not yours. at the stage your at, you can really do anything to make you feel better, but talk about it and research it online. I also joind this website to help too, and it does. because you see that your not the only one suffering from a heard break. your not alone at all. but another thing that helps is hanging out with you friends that are girls. go out for dinner, talk to some peope that have been through the same thing as you, it helps and you sometimes gain a freind from it. start running, or even kick boxing is a lot of help! it is so fun, it makes you feel so good about yourself, you get fit, and you meet new people. When your in this stage... do not drink and go to a party, you just cry and spill your heart to everyone.. no good. I know its hard to see him in the halls, but when you see him.. don't even look at him. pretend he's not even there and ignor him. or just avoid going where he is for a while. definitly do not talk to him or try being freinds, because your feelings with always come back and you will start to miss him. he is a total loser for breaking up with you. why would you even want him back. he hurt you and doesn't talk to you for a reason, simply because he wants to get over you too. you just need to stay strong. talk it out a lot with freinds, and even on here and your family. this stage is the worst I know, but in a while you will just start to miss him less and less! I promise! don't let this boy win, or overpower you at all. you can do so much better! your so young and might think this is the world to you, but its not. he's a boy that just let a special girl go. for a good reason, you will meet someone BETTER! not now, but later. you need to get use to having a good time with yourself and be comfotable with yourself before getting into another relationship. and when those times come when you home alone and upset, do not contact him, you will feel much better in the long run if you just control yourslef. I promise all of this will get better each day. good luck girl!

What Guys Said 1

• Time. Let it hurt a lot, its very healthy (To a point) to feel all this pain. You will become a very strong person after all this is over. You don't think so now but you will be amazed on when its over.

When I feel down I go run a couple miles.

What Girls Said 1

• Get your mind as far away from him as possible, its normal to hurt but remember, life will go on and he isn't right for you. Go out as much as possible with your friends and do goofy stuff, go golfing or bowling or to an amusement park, the busier you are the easier it will be.