Do people wish their ex to contact them after breakup?

so do guys who have dumped their gfs...would want their ex girlfriend to try to contact them... or would they want the girl to forget about them and move on..

REPLY PLZ!

31

Most Helpful Girl

• although I cannot say for certainty what guys are thinking since I am not one, I can tell you what my ex TOLD me. and even then, every single guy is different. some give a sh*t, others dont. so, when my ex first broke up with me, he didn't talk to me for 3 wks, but I was still sending him emails. after that 3 weeks, he called me and I'm pretty sure at that time, he had secretly wanted me to contact him (he never told me not to) so I was glad I did. but after that, things got bad and then a week later he DID tell me not to ever contact him, to leave him alone. I did for 3 weeks hoping he would contact me but he didn't. and so, I started emailing, and texting again. he then responded to one of my emails and said to stop contacting him, that he has moved on without me and is happier, and that I should do the same. that was the last thing he said to me which was a week ago. (yeah, it hurt like a b*tch to read that)

now I can only believe that no, he doesn't want me to try to contact him.(and I havent) but guys (and girls) are funny sometimes that way. they say not to contact them, but they secretly want them to. I don't get it personally, that's just games to me. but, I'd say to save yourself heartache, do whatever he says. and if he says to leave you alone, and you do, he has no one to blame but himself if changes his mind and you have already moved on. that's how I am looking at my situation now. hope this helps!

What Guys Said 1

• If you contact him, you had better of found a new boyfriend, fb, or girlfriend. Do not conact him. Let him make the first move. Don't come off as desperate, lonely, or depressed. Be strong and confident. make him wish he was still with you. jerks want their exs to miss them and contact them, but good hearted guys want their exs to be happy and move on. Either way, if he broke up with you, make him wish he hadn't.

What Girls Said 2

• If I've learned anything, its that if a guy wants to talk to you, he will. It also depends on how you guys left off. But if you contact him and he doesn't respond, leave it. No use chasing someone who dosen't want to be chased.

• I am not sure I am one way or another. On one hand, as our ending was not so nice, I wish we have a chance to have a nice talk to clear things up until we can feel we don't have anything left unsettled. On the other hand, I am scared that another meeting, deep talk and a friendly closure will lead us back to this no-future relationship again.

Well, .. half a year has passed. We never contacted each other ever again, so I think... it's "so far so good" for both or us, though we know we miss each other. It just doesn't work. He did something to cause the respect I had for him to be completely gone, and he knew he had turned things off for me because I told him from the beginning that I wouldn't be able to love or trust a cheater.

So, for me I think, "no contact" kinda give me more peaceful mind, and I wish he wouldn't contact me ever again though.