Wishing ex the best?

Is it normal not to wish your ex the best but not hoping anything bad happens to them. Basically not caring what happpens to them even if they did not cheat or were not mean .

This is mainly for dumpees

40

Most Helpful Girl

• yes. in my personal opinion, and I know people will disagree with me, I believe that even if you do love the person, you secretly do not want them to go on and have a better life without you. of course, if you still love them this is the case. I think that if you don't love your ex, then you probably would care less what happens, whether they succeed or fail wouldn't matter. does that make sense? my example: I still miss and love my ex who broke up with me. he told me how happy he is now and is now in culinary school which would show (if this is true) that he is trying to better his life.. this doesn't make me happy. it pisses me off and depresses me. I want him to be hurt and depressed like me. if I didn't love him, I would say "hmpf, that's nice. good for u" and would care less.

although I do not wish him dead, I do not wish him to be homeless or anything like that, I sure as hell am not wishing that his life get BETTER, I guess just wishing it stays the same. hopefully, that answered your question!

What Girls Said 3

• Oh yes it is normal. I think thinking like that is probably more normal than wanting them to have all the best of luck (that means you never really were that into them in my opinion) and wanting the worst for them is also bad, cause well yeah, then you have a grudge against them. So that's normal and fine.

• The fact that you are asking this points out that you actually care. It is nice to generally care, that's what makes us human beings. But if you want to erase her out of your life, then yes, don't even think about her.

• Yep. That's what I feel too

What Guys Said 0