Do I get back together with my ex? or no?

so my ex wants to get back together. We broke up because we got in a "funk" and things just didn't feel the same and neither of us were happy, she was constantly sketchy and it would always p*ss me off, and there were nights where I wouldn't hear from her till the next day because she was out with her friends. twice her phone died, and the other times she just didn't look at her phone, I would question her about it and it would only make her mad because it made it seem like I didn't trust her and she's never had a boyfriend before me so I would feel like the guilty one, I don't know rather to look at this as sketchy or just her not used to having to call someone to say "i made it home safely goodnight" After we broke up a few weeks went by and we started talking again and said we would get back together after the holidays. That never felt right and I knew I would only find out if I actually missed her if I completely ended it. so I did. So a few months have gone by and we go back to school in a week. We talked on the phone the other day and she said how she wanted to change for me and put everything into our relationship and try 100 percent. But she is still a sketchy texter and sometimes I won't hear from her for the whole day until I get a call late in the night. So do I buy what she is saying? Should I give her another shot? Or go with another girl I've been texting the whole break? Thanks in advance

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok... well based on what you wrote, it doesn't sounds like you have any reason not to trust her. I am the same way with my phone, I never check it, am constantly missing calls and forget to charge it all the time. Now, if her behavior had suddenly changed and she just now start to ignore your calls and forget to text you, when before she was more attentive to her phone then I would say she is acting sketchy.

But all that aside, it doesn't sound like you're really that interested in making things work with her. And if your feelings for her aren't strong enough, then you should let it be and walk away.

What Girls Said 3

• well I think and this is just me from personal experience, getting back together with an ex never ever feels the same way the second, or third around. the relationship just looses its spark, and it dose not feel the same anymore. I mean if you love each other, and don't see your self with anyone else, maybe you could give it a shot, but it never worked out for me. I I think you should give another girl a try, see what it would be like, and if your ex even worth the trouble. she has to put a 100% in to it too, not just let you do all the work and she still acts sketchy. hope I helped.. good luck

• Well...judging from what you have written here I would say you already answered your question. It doesn't sound like it was working for you and you made the right decision in breaking up. I have always said that people don't change. And people especially don't change for other people. It's easy to want to go back to an ex because your relationship was comfortable and secure. However, you need to remind yourself of what didn't work and think of it as learning experience because you now understand more of what is and isn't important in your next partner.

• if you can't trust her, then don't get back with her.

What Guys Said 0