Is REJECTION A Blessing?

Everyone tells you this person is bad for you. But you still love them and want be with them. Then they turn around and break your heart. Then prove everyone right. You loved them sincerely never did anything to hurt them. They act like they don't care about you in the long run. You never existed.

Sometimes is REJECTION A BLESSING? WHY

This was posted over a year ago...I came along way from being so heartbroken over my first boyfriend.

56

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a very tough and personal question. In my experiences, I've been hurt more than once, and also broke a heart or two. The times I was the one done. I feel was equally as rough as the times I was shattered. I'm at a loss on if anyone can be honest and effectively communicate anymore. I do feel they are needed for a possitive and effective relationship. "Is rejection a blessing?" Is the question asked. . . My answer is, "depends on if you learn from it". A breakup can be as futile as the relationship itself, if you cannot grow from it. Take it from me, a single man, I know there is someone out there for me. Just be true to yourself, and everything will fall into place. Keep your chin up, and best of luck, sweetheart.

-Tifael

What Guys Said 5

• It never feels as a blessing.

• The challenge we fall into too often is fitting & staying with those people who make us feel comfortable with the dysfunction we may have had growing up. (We ALL did, so don't take this as a sign of some unusual imperfection or "ailment" about you). So, as a result, we sometimes resort back to people that though NOT good for us, help us feel "comfortable in our dysfunction". It sounds sad, (and is, I guess), but is tragically common if we don't first figure out what is "missing" in ourselves or areas in which we are not whole emotionally.

Perhaps this "rejection" is an opportunistic wake up call for you. Now, you can see WHAT it was that drew you and kept you with him & then ask yourself WHY you were willing to put up w/his crapola. Doing so may help you to figure out what you need to address within yourself and not repeat the mistake in the future.

Good luck!

• Why? Well, if you accept the idea that we are here to be the most we can be, we need to learn. Often times we learn about ourselves through being rejected. I've learned I'm stronger than I thought; better than I thought and don't "deserve" to be treated the way I was. It's a good thing to get rid of that Cancerous Personality...whether YOU chose it or not. You desever better and this rejection is a "message from the universe" that you're better off.

• What is the reason why we get into relationships? Status? To brag to others? Just for the sake of it? Or just to be happier?

If the relationship is successful, you will be happier, then work for the relationship to preserve it.

If the relationship is dysfunctional and makes you less happier than if you would be single, then just end it right on the spot.

Don't need to overcomplicate everything, it's that simple!

• A lot of people say rejection is a blessing, either because a bad relationship, or the person was not right for you. They might be right, but what if you know you will never meet a better person as long as you live. Heck...I have tried to say I might and tried to move on. The fact is, I just accepted I will never find a girl close to the one that left me. I can only on to the little hope that we might get back together some day. I don't see any blessing in the amount of pain I have been through and am going through over missing this girl. So yea, rejection might be a blessing for most people, but not for everyone.

What Girls Said 5

• i've read all the answers so far and agree with all them. We will never see rejection as a blessing UNTIL we meet the man or woman whom we are going to marry and spend the rest of our lives with. for most of us, this is the goal, to get married. So when we break up with someone, or they break up with us, we won't ever be "ok" with it, until we see for ourselves that there is someone better out there. To some degree, we all are shattered, fearful, sad and hopeful. Shattered because we feel that we lost the love of our life. Fearful that we will never get our "happily ever after" and find our princes or princesses. Sad because we feel lonely and our self esteem goes done a bit, but yet ever so hopeful that maybe something good DID come from this ended relationship.

You MUST learn from the relationship, It takes TWO people to make a relationship work and TWO to make it end. You DID contribute to this relationship ending, even though it may have been on a subconcious level. You MUST go back, look over the relationship, and figure out what you did that could've contributed. there is something, however minor. this is crucial to your recovery, because if you cannot be mature enough to realize what you did and fix it/learn from it for the next relationship, you will be right back to where you are now.

This was a hard pill for me to swallow. We all want to think "i didn't do anything, he just broke up with me for no reason". but MOST of the time, its for SOME reason. I have learned a tremendous amount from my past relationship. what not to do, what to do, and more importantly to give people the benefit of the doubt. This, I am hoping, will make my next relationship a successful one.

I also realized what it was that so attracted me to him and what made me stay in a terrible relationship. What made me stay was because I have very low self esteem and I felt like I would never be able to find someone else. I am still thinking this and struggling with this. To fix this, I need to get my self esteem back. no easy task, but at least I know WHY I stayed. I hope you can do the same and I wish you all the very best of luck!

• rejection is a blessing in disguise...coz... generally you tend to get stuck in a relationship which is bad fr u..but you can't get out of it because of all the gr8 past and memories and feelings.

so it is an external push making you move on and enter a better life..

then you never suffer from guilt because its not you who broke up. plus you don't have this debates going on inside your head "whether I made the right decision...whether I shud have left her or stayed"...

u can just think "oh I tried so hard but if the other person is such a jerk what can I do"...

relax girl... he is not worth you and is not worth this question and my answer

• Sometimes Rejection is a blessing, because when you are in that bad of a relationship, you won't see it for what it is most of the time. When we think we are in love (or really are) we are blinded by that. OUr friends will really see what's going on, and thank goodness we get rejected. It may hurt but when you are really in something like that its good to get out of it quickly. Girls (and guys) really need to be treated well in the relationship and taht's a both person thing...I hope this helped(:

• Yes, I think is a blessing. You have learn not to make the same mistakes, to take in a count what your closes people think, they only want the best for but always do what you feel is right. That person wasn't "the one" for you. And is a bless this happened, you aren't able to find the right guy if you stuck with the wrong one. Someone that ignores and pretends you didn't existed really never care enough for you. I really believe God works in mysterious ways & everything happens for a reason. Something ends for something better to come =)

• it may or maynot be, I just pray to god when I can't figure it out, also, there is a book that might help answer some of your questions , its called woman who love too much, it explains a lot about the things you mentioned...good luck!