I broke up with my boyfriend but now I want him back

My ex and I were on a long-distance relationship for 6 months until two days ago when I impulsively broke it off.

It was our 300-day anniversary, I was talking to him via phone and the conversation went horribly wrong. At that time, I have been feeling that something was wrong; I felt that over the months since we started long-distance, we have been gradually drifting apart emotionally. Neither of us said anything until that day, when I finally initiated the talk. After my attempts in telling him about how I have felt, he didn't respond and I got irritated. So on impulse, I told him that we should break up. He finally answered me saying "You're right, I'm sorry but I don't think I can make you happy, or take care of you anymore. I will let you go." I was shocked by his statement and I could not undo it, no matter how much I have apologized to him immediately afterwards.

Right now he is not responding to any of my calls, emails or texts. I know he must be sad and angry but I feel that I need to explain what I said. I have stopped contacting him, but I don't want to lose him forever. I feel really horrible still, I really regret that I initiated the break-up, even though I have felt that it was coming all along. What should I do now? I really want to be able to talk to him again. If I do have the chance to get back with him, unfortunately we would still be dating long-distance (we live 7000 miles apart) Please give me some advices, I would appreciate that. Thank you!

PS: I have actually been in a relationship with him for 10 months total. We met in person and was in a relationship for 4 months before he moved half-way across the globe. Just to clear up the misconceptions that we have never met each other before.

01

Most Helpful Guy

• In terms of what he said in his text. I would say that is sort of a guy version of expressing bitterness. To put it in other words it was like he was saying "I guess in your eyes I'm just no good, farewell". So by not responding to your emails he is probably trying to punish you a bit. However, if you express how much you really like him and need him back on a continuous basis then he should eventually lighten up, I would say.

• Thank you for your response. Do you consider I wait a few days before I try contacting him again? Also, I have already prepared a Valentine's gift for him, would the gift be considered as expressing how much I like him? Thanks.

• Go ahead and wait a few days to contact him again, as long as you do so soon, otherwise there is always the chance he will start seeing someone else. And yes the gift could not hurt.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 0