Is it cheating if?

i have been talking to this guy [lets call him bob] everyday for the past two weeks and we have been on a couple of dates and I think its leading to a relationship but we are taking it really slow..

the dilemma is this guy that I really like [ lets call I'm Fred] is coming back to town and I'm thinking of 'catching up' with him.

would I be cheating on bob even though I'm not technically in a relationship?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it wouldn't be. You can be romantically involved with someone with no strings attatched - that's the point of taking it slow and not getting into a relationship right away. Fuck Freddies lights out, man.

What Guys Said 2

• Doesn't sound like cheating since you guys are dating andvtaking it slowly. But it's pretty surprising you think it could lead to a relationship while already wanting to "catch" up with anothet guy. May be it's an early indication you're not that into Bob, so make sure you probe your feelings about him so you don't waste your time or his.

• i mean technically no...but no one really gives a sh*t about technicalities when you have invested emotion in someone. when you're seeing a woman and you aren't official yet but she goes off and sleeps with someone because of this technical loop hole, it really doesn't help the situation and in MY EYES, is a deal breaker. the reason is...when you're seeing someone that you see serious potential in, finding out she's slept someone else just completely craps all over what you thought she thought of you. its like saying..."im not all that serious about you"...to me anyways.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends what you mean by 'catching up'.

It's fine if it's just for like a chat and a laugh and stuff. But if it's for like more than that. Then no, it's not okay. Even though you are only dating this guy, and not actually in a relationship, if he found out he would feel insecure and just lose trust in you and run a mile. So if it's more than just a chat and a laugh, or hanging out, then yes, it's cheating.

• No its not cheatin if your single your allowed to play the field how ever you need to tell the first guy your not into anything serious. That way your not leading him on. But if you do want somethin serious with guy number one then you need to end it with freed!

• Wow. This website is full of terrible advice. Listen to ikarus, if anybody. Just because you're not "official" you obviously have some kind of emotional attachment to the guy you're casually seeing. And feel guilty enough about "catching up" with your friend to post the question online. Just because you're not a couple doesn't mean you don't have some kind of feelings for each other. Just think about things logically. Do you want anybody to get hurt? Probably not. Avoid hurting them by being honest (to yourself, most of all) and you'll know what to do.

• no because you are not in a relationship technically.