Ex Text - He Misses Me?

just wanted to get a little insight on my ex's recent text.

Here's a quick background: The ex and I were living/together for 6 years. He left me 4 months ago for another woman. I was/am heartbroken. I began NC about 2 months ago and have stuck to it. He has been texting me on an average of about once a week since we broke up. This has been going on for 4 months now. I have ignored ALL texts since I began NC. (You think after ignoring someone that long they would get the hint right? He knows I won't answer!) Most of the messages are just silly things like, "How are the dogs" or "Hope all is well".

Anyway, a couple days ago, he stepped it up a bit and I got one that says "I really do miss you guys" (guys meaning the dogs and I). 5 minutes later he sent a picture he had taken on his phone when we were happily together of me on my bed holding my 2 dogs. I can't believe after 4 months he even still has this pic on his phone. I'm sure his new lady doesn't take very kindly to it.

The following day, I got a text that said "I would really like to see the dogs". I'm not sure if that is code for he wants to see me or he just really wants to see the dogs. I have maintained NC and have still not responded to anything he has sent in the past 2 months. I even moved last month and didn't tell him where I went. I got a couple texts a day later asking if I had moved. (Didn't take him long to realize I moved I guess. Maybe he is keeping closer tabs on me than I think.) I have literally just disappeared. Not sure if that is why he is stepping up the texts or not.

I guess my question is, do dumpers try this hard to keep someone on the back burner even when the dumpee is unresponsive? Or did the "I miss you guys" text followed by a picture he took when we were happy mean he is trying to reach out? Is it possible the grass isn't as green as he imagined it would be? Or maybe me disappearing has confused him a bit and he is stepping up his game to get me to answer?

01

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't want to see the dogs as much as he wants to see you. I am really not sure of his intentions. Sounds like the grass was not greener. Keep ignoring him. I am guessing sooner or later he will start to confess his undying love for you, and ask to get back together- or something along those lines. He can't ease himself in your life, and he is getting frustrated that your not responding. He will soon make his intentions clear.

What Girls Said 0