How long/Were you able to have a platonic friendship with an Ex?

lol
lol
Just wondering if you have had a platonic friendship with your ex after you two broke up and how long it lasted! What were the hardships of the friendship you had to overcome? 😎
  • I couldn't because we both had new relationships!
  • I did, for a few months--but then we got back together!
  • I could and our platonic friendship is still strong!
    Vote C

1316

Most Helpful Guys

• I never really keep in contact once we break up. They are no longer in my life. I have no reason to see them anymore. We aren't a couple... I hang out with my friends and date new girls and don't keep talking or hanging out with exes.

• It's easier than it sounds.

If she didn't hurt or humiliate you in any way, You just treat her like a human being that just happens to have previously dated you.

Actually come to think of it that doesn't sound difficult at all when it's written out.

Weird isn't it?

Most Helpful Girls

• I only managed to build up a friendship with an ex once (I got the others on Facebook but that doesn't really count), it took us about 2 years after the breakup not to be awkward around each other anymore. Now, after about 8-9 years we are still friends.

• How long should I wait to rekindle a friendship with someone I was very serious with... lasted over a year. It's been about 2 1/2 years!

• That depends on how long both of you need to really get over the breakup. It's also not necessary that it'll be possible at all, only if you really have enough in common to build a friendship on. Common memories of the relationship aren't enough.

• Same music... and we broke up because his anxiety meds and bipolar meds made him lazy and weird. We also had different sexual interests. BUT I have a boyfriend/Dom now. Unfortunately he wouldn't like me doing this and now thinking about it, I couldn't be friends with my ex AND be with my current boyfriend without feeling weird.

• LOL, that crap doesn't work.
    To the lucky few that can stay friends with your exes, I salute you as that is not easy and does not work most times!

I tried to stay friends with one of my exes after we broke up. We broke up on good terms so it seemed ideal. And for a few months it worked out great!
    Until he started telling some of our mutual friends things I told him in confidence that I did NOT want him telling other people! Even about our sex life! I felt so hurt and disgusted by his inability to respect our privacy, past or not, so I cut things off with him.

My other ex, the one that cheated on me, wanted to be friends with me... the day after we broke up.
    ...

Really? He cheated on me and thought I want to stayed friends?
    Yeah, he got the block and delete treatment as well, lol.