Why does my ex keep texting me when she left me and should I bother texting back?

At the start of October my girlfriend of just under 2 years left for Uni, a month in she decided to break it off with me. It wasn't easy for me as I thought the world of her, but even after I've asked her to stop talking to me, she still finds some excuse to text me now and then. It always seems to be late at night that she "remembers" to ask me something, I do text back cause I miss her like mad and still love her, but I'm not sure if I should just ignore her, as she was very nasty when she broke up with me, any advice? Thanks

41

Most Helpful Girl

• well if you asked her to stop contacting you, she shoukd respect that. if she texts you at night, she probably misses you a lot, (some people do most of their thinking before bed) . if you don't want to talk to her anymore, then I would ignore her.. it was her own fault for breaking up with you so she should respect the fact that you don't want any communication.

What Girls Said 3

• if it's upsetting you I think you should disregard her texting. At least for a while until you have some distance to it all.

• Move on. Let her go. Maybe change your phone number.

• sure, just keep it casual

What Guys Said 1

• Advice - don't text her back. She's the nasty girl that broke up with you. And now she needs to ask you questions? Oh, by the way, don't 'ask her to stop calling you' - DEMAND IT!

"Do yourself the favor and stop calling me. Remove my number because I already removed yours and I won't respond to numbers that are not recognized"

Play the jerk card and move on. Find another girl. Get over this one. If she keeps calling you, just don't answer. She'll stop at some point.