How to deal with a break up as a result of an antidepressant?

Over the past year I had started developing anxiety and depression due to a traumatic event that had happened which became difficult to wrap my head around. There was a string of bad luck that had followed but this is not the purpose of this post. I recently got a girlfriend, now an ex-girlfriend, and things did not end well. We both went home from university for the Christmas break and while I was home my doctor prescribed me an anti depressant. I had a bad reaction to the anti depressant, causing me to have even more anxiety, and yes I will admit it made me very needy towards my now ex-girlfriend. I was honest about everything that had happened with her but she broke up with me over my reaction to the anti depressant. I don't want her back, I think this is a terrible way to treat a person, but at the same time I want to get over this anger in a healthy way. When she opened up to me about her anxiety I was there for her, I guess I was just hoping for the same.

I guess I don't really have a question and am just looking for opinions from others.

21