Letting go of anger?

my ex has left me all angry and full of resentment...

and its making my life miserable...i am just seething with anger and hurt all the time. I just don't know how to let go. I thought of forgiving him but its so damn hard...

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi I'm sorry you're in a bad place right now.

The anger will pass, you need to find a way to not engage with it.

If left unchecked anger is the fuel that breeds resentment and bitterness. In the past when I've felt anger rising I try and mentally acknowledge it and try and not engage with it. Try and think of something else, it's hard but it gets easier.

Also find an outlet, for me I just went to the gym sometimes hit a punching bag :)

You will need to forgive, it is a cliché I know. You will be doing it for yourself though who wants to carry all that anger around with them? I'm not I can tell you how to forgive it's different for everyone but you have to actively want to forgive I guess.

All the best.

What Guys Said 1

• Are you still talking to him? If you are, then you'll never get over it. Time will heal. I would stay out of any relationships for a while. Maybe a good 6 months to a year. Tell every guy that you meet "no" until you heal.

What Girls Said 1

• i am right there with you! It sucks, its unfair, and we don't deserve this. There is no way I can forgive my ex for hurting me. NO freaking way. I don't even know what to tell you to get over it because I don't know how to get over it myself.

I wanted to say that your not alone though. Just try not to let him know you feel this way because then he wins. This is the mistake I made. I let my ex know (not how angry I was) but how hurt I was. and he told me how happy he was (what a jerk!). so yeah...if you figure out a way to let go of the anger and stuff, let me know

• thanks for empathizing... I think its just the love in your heart which turns into resentment when the other person does not reciprocate the way we want him/her

my anger was so intense today...i thot my head would burst... I just wrote a mail to my ex...a short mail in which I wrote nice things about our relationship..and that I know its over and I forgive everything said or done...a and ended the mail in a nice note...

and I am feeling much better now.