Why is my exboyfriend messaging me, trying to me jealous and stalking my social media when he has a girlfriend?

My exboyfriend broke up with me 2 years ago. Since our break up, he messaged me every month. But lately he’s messages became more frequent. He has a girlfriend for over a year. So I think it’s kinda inappropriate texting me when he has a new girlfriend.
He tried to make me jealous and sends things (videos, pictures) he knows i like. He wants me to look at his instagram where he posts topless pictures and pictures of him and his girlfriend. (I didn’t add him on instagram.)
He also stalked my social media (he even told me he looked at my social media profiles sometimes).

Why is he acting like that? What should I do or what would you do if you were in the same situation as me?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Because things with his girlfriend are turning sour so he’s testing the waters to see if he could possibly use you as a backup plan till he finds someone else. Why do you allow him to contact you is the better question?

• Because I kinda still care for him. And I don’t want us to hate eachother.

• Tough. You will not reconcile and ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after nor will you be friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. It prevents one from moving on and causes problems with future relationships. Stop being pathetic and move on