What is my ex boyfriend thinking about this situation?

My boyfriend broke up with me yesterday morning, which makes him my ex at this point. He broke up with me during an argument and usually when we argue he just tells me to go home and leave him alone for a while so he can cool down about things and them we can move forward with our relationship. He has never broken up with me in the past and we were together for 2 years and 4 months. I called a few times after he broke up with me, and to my surprise he answered my phone calls. Which when we usually argue he doesn't, but this is a break up and we ended on bad terms. But he answered and was calm and nice and asked what I was calling for and I asked him if he has reconsidered his decision and he said no, and he probably won't, but he's pissed off right now and he's gonna get off the phone. Most of our convos were like that, but that was the last one, which was last night. I am confused, is he answering the phone because he's really not done with me? And maybe he's just playing ges/trying to teach me a lesson. It just doesn't make sense to me if I were to break up with someone and it ended badly I wouldn't even bother picking up their calls, but what do you guys think?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't contact him one bit---no texting, no calls, no showing up at his house, no facebook messages, no IMing, no emailing --ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And I guarantee you'll be back together within two weeks because he will contact you after he is less angry.

What Guys Said 1

• He still has feelings for you, but it's best to give him what he wants for now let things calm down, no contact would be good let him realize your worth also..if he is ready to talk try to address pressing matters at hand..no need to push things over he might get more reason to stir up things

What Girls Said 1

• Anonymous I am going to be honest with you, and I am sorry if you are not going to like what I have to say. A couple days ago I brokeup with my boyfriend and it was kind of similar. In this case, I was, basically, the one that decided to end things. I had been getting in arguments with him over similar things over and over and had finally reached my brinking point. I had tried to work them out, and again and again they just kept causing problems. I was becoming exhausted with his bickering, and just wasn't seeing any progress. I began telling myself, if this keeps happening(despite how much I care about this person) I am going to have to breakup with him. The more we fought, the more I would think about it in the back of my head. Chances, even though it might be hard for you to think about, your boyfriend might of been planning to breakup with you and that one argument was what made him finally do it. It is no fun to fight with someone, go home, and have to sit around being angry and trying to think about solving the issues. After having to do it too much, it can make one question whether or not you are right for them. He answers your phone calls because he does care about you, but maybe he has realized that doesn't mean you are right for each other. Who knows, he could change his mind but things would have to REALLY change. Because fights will gradually become bigger and bigger, trust me.