Why does he make an effort then ruin it?

My ex always texts me and makes an effort to keep the conversation going and he always rings me. The thing I don't understand is why he's so mean to me?! He initiates everything first but then just ends up insulting me? Why?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• i usually don't giv a mean advice, but if he is insultin you in front of people jus tell him that y he is doin that. because I know man sometimes do that 2 get attention from other or probably from other girls. if you love him and wanna change him. spend some more time try to b close and then b4 the next part comes of insulting you ask him that'' y is he behaving as he hav dual personalities''

b emotional because that always works and tell him how he behaves sweet and suddenly something happens to him . then you should walk away...

if he comes back and promises that he will never do that again then giv him '1' jus '1' last chance and if he doesn't then probably you 2 were never meant 2 b together.

might sound a little bit too much dramatic but that's how you can control a guy b4 he starts rulin on u.

hope everthing woks out for you because I hate break ups!

if you hav any questions or wanna share something feel free to message I will b happy to hear from u.

take care.

What Guys Said 1

• hmm, well my personal opinion is.. it has happened to me in similar situation to yours.. I would initiate the conversation and do the exact same thing because I intentionally wanted to break up.. the thing was, she was good and perfect.. just that I wasn't ready for a commitment like she wanted and I couldn't say that to her.. so I would just throw myself out there to look like a bad guy and hope she would change her feelings.. once a guy and girl starts to loose interest, then stop calling and texting.. then you are pretty much finished.. usually if it makes it this far, then friends come into play and start to talk about going out and having fun to take your mind off of the situation.. Remember, this is just my thoughts... Doesn't mean everyone thinks this way.. Good luck

• I'm not sure what exactly you're saying? That he wants to be friends? I'm fine with that, I don't see him like that, I want to be friends with him - it's just frustrating when he's insulting me?

What Girls Said 3

• He may be insecure, and finds that talking badly to you makes him feel better, especially if you broke up with him. I was in a similar situation with my ex, and we were on and off for two years. The longest we were together was about a year, and then I broke up with him because I felt as if I was putting all of the effort into the relationship. I knew he still cared about me, but he struggled with some depressional issues and it was very hard on me because I felt like if I couldn't make him happy I failed as a girlfriend. Anyways, long story short when we broke up he would randomly contacted me by calling or facebooking me. He could say some really mean things, and I think it's because it was his way of dealing with his feelings, and I think deep down he missed. Maybe that's what your ex is doing.

• just stop answering his calls

• This may sound crazy but he could still like you or he could be missing you.

• hmm, it does sound crazy haha.