Appropriate when reconnecting with an ex?

To make a long story short, my first “true love” used me for months then moved away and ran off with one of his long-time female friends. We had no contact for nearly four months, and then he starts contacting me again. I ignored him, but then the girl breaks up with him. I finally agreed to listen to his apology, and I felt that it was sincere. I forgave him, but told him that I need time before we can talk. I dated a few guys before him and have gone on some dates since him, but nothing has come close to what I felt for him. I still have feelings for him despite how badly he hurt me. I want to give him a second chance at friendship because I cared a lot about him and want him to be a part of my life. He has told people that he is happy single and I think he is still hurting from his breakup, so I don’t know if there is any possibility of a relationship. Anyway, when I am ready to talk to him, is it appropriate to ask him to meet up in person? We had made plans before splitting that we never had a chance to go through with, so I was thinking about maybe bringing up one of those old plans and seeing if he still wanted to. I feel that meeting him in person is going to be the only way I can know if we can really still be friends.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly I think it sounds like ya'll still may have feelings for one another and its hard to be friends when those feelings or involved. Also would you consider still being friends if one of your friends used as well. If this guy used you and left you and ran off with another girl I would be weary of that. It seems like now that he's down and lonely all of a sudden it wants to apologize. If he treats you right when things are going well in his life then I would consider him being a friend. But make sure he doesn't use anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• this is hard but being friend will only make it harder believe me