What is he looking to accomplish, should I be hurt, and should I react?

I just broke up with my boyfriend last weekend after attempting to get through some issues we had been having (I got drunk and acted like a meathead -- this hurt him). I could tell he was miserable. He wasn't calling as much, started to break plans last minute all the time, and we just weren't connecting. As much as it killed me, I took the step and broke up with him. Right after I told him, he hung up on me and when I called back, hung up on me again. I really didn't think he would react like this (he's 28 and usually quite mature).

I had a really hard time dealing with this and the next day acted like a COMPLETE psycho. I got extremely drunk, called a million times, showed up at his house, demanding for him to talk to me. Clearly I felt like an idiot for doing this, I am the sanest person in the world -- when I drink I become one of those psycho people. To top it all off, this is what originally started our issues to begin with. Before this (two weeks prior to our breakup), he wanted to marry me and his actions proved that he meant it.

The next day, we talked for a couple hours and agreed that it was best to go our separate ways. He was civil with me and vice versa, and we said all the things that should never go unsaid, it was (what I thought anyway) the perfect "closure" conversation. Near the end he started to "joke" about having breakup sex, which I joked back but also made it known it wouldn't happen. The "joke" was starting to go on far too long for it to just be a joke anymore. Being that it was a three hour conversation, I had to go but thanked him for talking everything out with me and told him I would miss him etc. He CONTINUED to joke about this breakup sex to the point that I finally had to cut him off and be like "man, I have to go." I USED the word "man" not trying to imply anything and he said to me "man? ok buddy. what's with that?" He then told me to enjoy my dinner and hung up on me. I really wasn't TRYING to imply a "buddy" type name, but I didn't get a chance to explain that before he hung up.

Contrary to thinking everything was ok, or at least civil, the next night he decided to delete me from both facebook AND msn. Usually I WOULD go to him and ask him what was up (im big on talks) but have decided to just leave things be, trying to avoid making everything dramatic. Regardless, as I could not resist looking at his facebook the next day after he deleted me, he decided to announce to the world that he was "GLAD THAT IT'S OVER!" For me, I'm not big on scenes or making things dramatic and uncomfortable. I certainly would not want to go out of my way and do anything that would embarass or hurt him, so why, when I thought we had peacefully parted, has he decided this is the route he wants to take? Does this mean in the end he really didn't care? Does he think I don't care and maybe I should reach out to him? I have absolutely NO idea what to do.
1
1