What else should I do to forget my ex?

I have been dating other guys because I thought that would help me get over my ex, he was my first love. Everytime I go out with a guy it's just not the same as when I was with my ex. This is not making me happy. I have tried everything; dating, exercise, eating right, keeping myself busy but I just can't get over my ex, it's just something so special what I still feel for him and I don't know what else to do.

It does a little, thank you :)

Oh and we were together for 2 years.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel. My ex hasn't talked to me in five months, and I still can't bring myself to get over him no matter what I do. The truth is, no amount of distractions are sufficient to help you get over your first love. I know that it probably doesn't seem like it right now, but there is someone out there who is just as good and if not, better for you. You'll find that person - but it's going to be when you aren't seeking it out. And you know what? More often than not, people do get second chances with exes. However, it's most likely not going to be until the day you're with another guy because that's when the jealousy will kick in (guys want what they can't have). In that case, you'll have to assess whether or not he is worth the effort. I know that this might not entirely helpful, but the truth is that time heals all wounds.

What Guys Said 2

• When I want to forget about someone, I just bite my tongue every time I think of them. Eventually my brain learns that thinking about them leads to real physical pain and just avoids it all together.

• Why did you breakup with your ex? who dumped who?

• He did, almost 6 months ago

What Girls Said 3

• omg, I know exactly how you feel. except I couldn't eat or do anythign, I tried hangin out with different people. tried dating other guys, it helped the lonliness alittle but nothing was the same, it wasn't the same when I held hands with the dude that I started dating a while after me and my first love broke up. I would constantly be thinking in my head, I wonder what he's doing, where he's at, if he's thinkin about me. and I missed holding his hand and everything. it just wasn't the same, and hanging around other guys made me feel like I was betraying him even tho he was the one that left me for another girl. I just couldn't let it go. but finally he came crying back literally. and were back together. going on 2 years. trust issues come and go. I didn't really answer your question, just thought id let ya know, your not alone.

• try creepin on him see how that goes. what's the worst that can happen. he may still like you

• How long have you and your ex have been broken up? First of all, if you're gonna do rebounds after your ex and assume you're gonna be over him...well, you wont. Cause you'll be thinking "hmm, if I date this guy ill get over my ex" -wrong. You'll think of your ex more and compare the guy/s you are dating to your ex, I did the same.

Another problem is, he was your first love, you never get over your first love no matter how hard you try and no matter what you do.

Really, it takes time to get over someone, it doesn't happen just like that, or a few months.

It took me a year to get over my ex and wow what a terrible year that was, but I really got over it. met someone amazing and sadly my ex came back, but I don't love him anymore.

The same might happen to you, once you find someone, you won't feel the way you do now about your ex.

Hope this helped.

Good Luck.

• No problem :) well two years will be awhile, so my best advice is really to stop dating guys, cause you'll think of your ex, relax a little and date yourself, meaning get to know yourself better and think about what "YOU" want for yourself :)